Porsche 8-digit PIN

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Bazza06 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:40 pm Sorry, I have another question regarding the two apps.

The Car Connect app requires an activation code.
After registering the vehicle details on the Vodafone telematics site, I was provided with a code which I believe needs to be sent to the dealer?

Why does the dealer need this code?
The dealer uses it to set up Connect in the car and it’s either done before collection or on the day usually.

Here’s how to do it yourself, from the Good to Know manual:

https://connect-store-static01.porsche. ... GY0ZmZlMDE
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Hi Nick,

The dealer did set up something on the day, but I can't use the Car Connect app without the code that was provided by Vodafone Telematics being activated.
Whatever the dealer set up on the day, was from a different code (a pairing code) issued by My Porsche login.

I wondered whether the code from Vodafone is needed by the dealer to confirm the first years free service?

I'll take a look through the Good To Know app to see if it is something I can do myself.

Thanks.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

An update following my previous post.

Seems this part of the connect function cannot be done by individuals, the vehicle has to go into a Porsche dealer for them to connect and configure.
In my case, the dealer forgot to do this, it should have been done prior to the vehicle being collected.

Just to be clear, this is the process to allow use of the Porsche Car Connect App and not the Porsche Connect App which is a different code that I believe you can do yourself.
Why don't they make it a little more confusing!!
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver