Just bought a 2014 Turbo

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
RichardE

Post by RichardE »

Hi

Since the launch, I have been thinking of buying a Diesel Macan but was put off by the waiting time for new and that 2nd hand ones were more expensive than waiting... I was finally persuaded to buy a 3 year old Turbo that had done only 12,500 miles for £20k less than new and also less than a new Diesel S.

What a great car - and my only regret is dithering for 3 years....

The car is tooled up with 21" turbo alloys, pan roof, air suspension and carbon interior.

I have a few questions

The exhaust is very quiet (except on a rich mixture on a cold start) - is a £2.5k retro fit sports exhaust worth it?

The car is immaculate - except for all 4 wheel centres which are corroding - is this normal and would Porsche replace them at 3 years 2 months old?

Macan.jpg

Pete

Post by Pete »

Very nice, and unusual to see a white Macan without black side blades.

Not sure about the wheels - I think that 3 years will take it outside the warranty period - and even then you'd need to prove it was a manufacturing defect rather than fair wear/tear.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Body colour side blades are standard on the Turbo.

I have PSE on mine and it sounds great, but even £1600 when specifying new is a silly price so, in my view, £2.5k retro fit isn't 'worth it', but of course it depends on your own view and personal circumstances.

Did you buy from an OPC? If you did, then the wheel centres would have been a good bargaining chip during the sales process. Even now it's worth asking if they will replace under 'good will'. Trickier if you didn't buy from an OPC. You'll see on this site if you search that there are some pretty good Chinese copies available are very cheap prices.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Pete

Post by Pete »

When I bought my OPC used car, I did try a small door ding and various scratches as bargaining, but they wouldn't budge - they just said that it was already priced for the condition it was. I'm guessing it's the same here.

I'd be pretty amazed that three year old 20s don't have any kerbing marks.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

PSE is a bit louder and has lots of semi-fake crackles, but I don't think it's that loud or great (I've had Turbos with and without). I mostly turn it off.
Of course if you like semi-fake crackles then go for it!
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Lovely looking machine.

You will probably have to buy the wheel centres yourself - not a major disaster - but might be worth asking OPC. They appear to get damaged by wheel cleaning products (possibly).

Enjoy your new Turbo :D
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Welcome and what a great decision and choice you have made.

The wheel centres are known to corrode (Mine have not) and i think if you ask the OPC nicely they may arrange to replace.
Water gets behind them during washing which cases the problem. There have been a few mentioned solutions on the forum but not sure how successful they have been.
Just dont jet wash them may help. You can get some cheap ones off ebay but i have no idea on thier quality... Only £20 may be worth a try.

I Love my PSE which is great but would i pay £2.5k... Probably not..
GTS 😀
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Well done, a great car and spec, saving £20k against new and it's almost the same as new. As already said, wheel centres from places such as The Porsche shop (0121 585 6088 - http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/) from £30 or design911 (0208 500 8811- www.design911.co.uk) OE for £120.

IMG_3218.PNG

Sports exhaust retro fit at about 2.5k is really not worth it. The novelty will soon wear off, especially cruising, when I doubt you will want it on. Spend your money on Gtechnic perhaps, and saving for the expensive new tyres (NO of course). Did you add a warranty?
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Paul

Post by Paul »

Echo the thoughts re the exhaust - standard on my GTS and very nice to listen to on start- up, hard down-shift and so on but turned off on longer runs. I would probably not have paid £1600 from new, and certainly not £2500 after-market (but that's just me - all spends on budget and how badly you want a only a little more drama)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
happy days

Post by happy days »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:15 pm The Porsche shop (0121 585 6088 - http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/) from £30
Each?
Macan S D
718 S