About to order

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Paul

Post by Paul »

I wanted the pebble / agate interior on my first (sapphire) SD but saw it in the flesh and didn’t like the “ browness” of the agate against the blue (and went for the black partial leather)
...so I went with the extortionate GTS interior on my current one😊
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

Northandy wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:33 pm So testdrive went as I expected, GTS was a brilliant drive!. Very stable and sounds amazing, roads were a bit greasy but no bother at all.

So had a look round the cars they had, and sort of fell in love with the Sapphire blue (which is neither of the colours I was originally thinking of!)

PJBFU5K9 Is the code, I picked agate grey interior but may swap that back to the standard gts trim. The only other thing I may add is air ride, the demo I drove had it so I need to try one without really.

So deposit paid and expected 1st may 😎
Sapphire is a lovely colour :)

Colour is such a personal choice but I personally feel Agate inside looks too brown in some light conditions. Might polarise when it comes to resale too.

My turbo came with partial leather as standard but I wish I'd paid the extra for full leather as the mixed leather / plastic on the dash grates.

I specced SC but hardly ever use it and probably wouldn't do so again.

LED adaptives are not as good as they should be. Main beam shines for miles but the system is a bid brain dead compared to the adaptive xenons in my 2014 BMW. I'm not sure I spec them again.

You get sports exhaust as standard I'm not sure I'd spec it again on a turbo. It is fun when you're hooning about though.

Heated wheel is brilliant, definitely get that.

Pano roof I wasn't sure about but I'm glad I got it.

Adaptive cruise for me is one of the best things on the car. That is better than the BMW system.

Half the fun is designing a car just for you. Enjoy it!
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Another vote here for Sapphire and no Sports Chrono. I added SC, like the look of the clock on the dash but never use any of the features. Wouldn't spend the money on it again.
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

All good advice people, am happy to listen to advice (whether I listen is another matter 😂)

I guess it prompts a question on the surround camera, can you actually see the wheels? I have on street parking with high kerbs so was hoping that would help rather than dipping the mirror as usual.

I will probably change the interior, will probably swap to the standard gts trim, the demo car had alcantara headlining which I guess is part of a pack, need to look into that.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Northandy wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:27 pm
I guess it prompts a question on the surround camera, can you actually see the wheels?
Yes, you can when you select side view.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Yes, as Andreas states, select the side camera

SurCam is by far a better system than RevCam.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

Magic thanks.

Need to go to the dealer to see a standard gts interior as the demo car seemingly had the extended gts pack at £2,700
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

In the end I have changed the interior to the gts leather with silver stitching and added the carbon interior trims.
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

MCDK wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:56 am Another vote here for Sapphire and no Sports Chrono. I added SC, like the look of the clock on the dash but never use any of the features. Wouldn't spend the money on it again.
Agreed, clock handy - used it 6 times maybe in a year
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

It landed t the dealer Friday... eek... collection on the 1st may probably due to other things to sort.

Couldt resist having a look today and it looks fabulous, really impressed with the full gts leather with rhodium stitching and carbon combination.