Just got my macan 2L

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
VanB

Post by VanB »

Great looking car and congrats. The 2.0 is adequate for lugging the car around and performs pretty well so, if it works for you, it’s the right choice.

Enjoy!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

I had the new 2.0 Macan as a loan car for over a week. I was not disappointed, although mpg was poorer than expected and its just £2400 less than an S, which is just a better engine to drive.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

Glad your enjoying the 2l, can I ask if you had a spin in the 3l? Just wondered what aspects contributed to your final decision. As per other posts it's certainly down to personal choice but just interested to see why quite a few on this forum opted for the 2l rather than the 3l despite the slight difference in price considering performance & potential residual benefits. Just wondered if it was the lead times for the 3l helped the decision.
Just macan

Post by Just macan »

Hi PBT147
Good question...
I agree the price difference between the two was not an issue for me. I looked at the many professional reviews and I only drove the 2 L and found it very powerful and unexpectedly so as I thought like others with a macan weighing near the 2000 kgm it would need the 3 L to pull this suv but not so with the 2L engine...it is an absolute gem,very fast,great torque and looking ahead in every running cost to service it,repairs,running cost ,road tax and insurance all come much less than the 3 L.
Not to forget it has more than 240 hp and very quiet engine. I had 3 L mercedes clk before and was noisy at low rpm rev .
Over all I felt the 2L fits my needs and I had it now for nearly a week and very happy with my choice and when I replace it in 2-3 years I would definitely go for a 2 L again.
All depends on what fits your needs and expectations but I can assure you the 2 L has more power than you need and in fact the salesman told me that the 2 L are selling more than the 3 L in their centre but this may be different in other porsche centres.
Ultimately whatever engine size you have...you will be very happy as all other aspects of the macan are very pleasing.
No right or wrong here in deciding which engine size you choose.
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

I otally understand where you're coming from, I'm the sort of person to do whats best for me not others! rest assured I certainly don't judge anyone for their choices, more the opposite. Unfortunately I didn't drive the 2 but after having two 3 SDs I wanted a change in performance level, not sure why, probably a mid life crisis (and some). However I will confess that I didn't want to drive the 2 because I knew I wouldn't be able to wait for the 3 and like you, I would probably be enjoying it the same as you are. Enjoy!
cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

I’ve had my 2L for 3 months now and it’s superb to drive. Loving playing around with the sports synchro and launch control (not to mention the fast overtake button or push-to-pass depending on who you talk to).

I did drive a 3L beforehand (old model) but found the new 2L much more nimbler and not THAT much slower when in sports+ mode on the winding country lanes. Yes the 3L is faster in a straight line but I think the 2L is a better all round car and would catch the bigger engine car (S) when going into the corners.

Just my opinion of course.

I also have a heavily modified F-type so I have other options for speed, handling and fun.

Chris
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSGFNH9
Loving my 2L Turbo Macan with Sports Chrono, 18-way Seats, Wonderful Display Screen, 20" Turbo Alloys, PASM, PS+, Sports Exhaust, Pano-Roof, LED Headlights. Ignore the haters, this is a SUPERB car :D :D :D
cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

Anyway just enjoy driving your Macan whatever model you have - they are all superb :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSGFNH9
Loving my 2L Turbo Macan with Sports Chrono, 18-way Seats, Wonderful Display Screen, 20" Turbo Alloys, PASM, PS+, Sports Exhaust, Pano-Roof, LED Headlights. Ignore the haters, this is a SUPERB car :D :D :D
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

Think you would defo need the modified f type to bridge the gaps between the 3l & 2l. It's individual choice on what model and why we choose them, on paper the official data alone highlights the difference between the 2 cars but rest assured the drive confirms it.
Just macan

Post by Just macan »

PBT147
Both are available for buyers to choose what suits their needs....no one is better than the other.

Top gear Macan recent reviews and the recommended Engine choice !
https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/porsche/macan-0
Just macan

Post by Just macan »

CheekyMacan
The 2 L feels more nimble and more manoeuvrable around the corners because it is lighter car around 1770kg while the 3L is weighing 1923 kg (like you are carrying 2 extra adults in the car at all times) but the 3L has over 100 horse power more to compensate too. So the choice between a heavier car more powerful engine to a lighter car and nimbler to drive...pick your choice and enjoy any one you fancy!
Last edited by Just macan on Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.