Just got my macan 2L

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
VanB

Re: Just got my macan 2L

Post by VanB » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:43 pm

Great looking car and congrats. The 2.0 is adequate for lugging the car around and performs pretty well so, if it works for you, it’s the right choice.

Enjoy!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:52 pm

I had the new 2.0 Macan as a loan car for over a week. I was not disappointed, although mpg was poorer than expected and its just £2400 less than an S, which is just a better engine to drive.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" courtesy Pink Floyd.
2016 Panamera S e-Hybrid Met Black/Cream
S VG/Luxor, sold @ 1yr old/9700 miles March 18
SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 1 yr old/16k miles Dec 16

PBT147

Post by PBT147 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:36 pm

Glad your enjoying the 2l, can I ask if you had a spin in the 3l? Just wondered what aspects contributed to your final decision. As per other posts it's certainly down to personal choice but just interested to see why quite a few on this forum opted for the 2l rather than the 3l despite the slight difference in price considering performance & potential residual benefits. Just wondered if it was the lead times for the 3l helped the decision.

Just macan

Post by Just macan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:41 pm

Hi PBT147
Good question...
I agree the price difference between the two was not an issue for me. I looked at the many professional reviews and I only drove the 2 L and found it very powerful and unexpectedly so as I thought like others with a macan weighing near the 2000 kgm it would need the 3 L to pull this suv but not so with the 2L engine...it is an absolute gem,very fast,great torque and looking ahead in every running cost to service it,repairs,running cost ,road tax and insurance all come much less than the 3 L.
Not to forget it has more than 240 hp and very quiet engine. I had 3 L mercedes clk before and was noisy at low rpm rev .
Over all I felt the 2L fits my needs and I had it now for nearly a week and very happy with my choice and when I replace it in 2-3 years I would definitely go for a 2 L again.
All depends on what fits your needs and expectations but I can assure you the 2 L has more power than you need and in fact the salesman told me that the 2 L are selling more than the 3 L in their centre but this may be different in other porsche centres.
Ultimately whatever engine size you have...you will be very happy as all other aspects of the macan are very pleasing.
No right or wrong here in deciding which engine size you choose.

PBT147

Post by PBT147 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:59 pm

I otally understand where you're coming from, I'm the sort of person to do whats best for me not others! rest assured I certainly don't judge anyone for their choices, more the opposite. Unfortunately I didn't drive the 2 but after having two 3 SDs I wanted a change in performance level, not sure why, probably a mid life crisis (and some). However I will confess that I didn't want to drive the 2 because I knew I wouldn't be able to wait for the 3 and like you, I would probably be enjoying it the same as you are. Enjoy!

Return to “Introductions”