Another Porsche newbie here. Currently driving (and loving) my Golf GTI but now looking for something just that bit bigger, that bit sportier and that bit more refined. It seems to me that the Macan will tick all those boxes.
From my albeit limited research I think what I'm looking for is an SD, S or GTS with the following options in a semi-priority order:
- Panoramic Roof (Because why not?)
- PASM (Obligatory isn't it?)
- BOSE Sound (Presumably a worthwhile upgrade)
- Air Suspension (Better comfort?)
- Reversing Camera (Better safe than sorry)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (For the long drives)
- Roof Rails (I'll need to get skis up there)
- Tow Bar/Prep (I need to get the bikes on the back)
I've been looking at used as well and the Adaptive Cruise Control seems either rare, or only added to card with loads and loads of other kit which unnecessarily put the price up for things I don't really need.
Also, what's the latest with the SDs? I have no issue driving one, the question is regarding residuals when I come to sell. My guess is that there will always be a demand in the next 2-4 years I'm likely to keep it for the benefits of the SD.
Anyway, a big hello to all and I can't wait to get my hands on one of these four-wheeled pots of fun!