Newbie considering a Macan and have a few questions

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
pmg

Post by pmg »

On-Track wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:21 pm
snerkler wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:51 am In the end I've just paid off the balloon payment on my current X5 and going to wait until after the pandemic when all parts are available.
Waiting until the pandemic is over could be just the same as sending the apprentice to the stores for "a long wait". :D :D

If you're still a fan of Macan handling then one option could be to put down a deposit on an S or GTS specced just the way you want it. As long as you haven't reached lockdown in the order process you can always reclaim your deposit if you decide on something else.
But if you do that do not at the present time go into an OPC talking discounts or they will just push you to the back of the queue or not reply to any email ;) ;)
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Deposit paid and you will still probably have at least a six month or maybe more wait.

If you do go with a Macan, decide on your spec asap and do tell your SE that you can finalise on any offer of an early build.

Surprisingly Porsche orders do get cancelled and early builds can be available.

A deposit also gets you a 1/2 day driving your chosen variant around the circuits at Silverstone PEC where after you experience the handling and idea of a JLR will more than not go out the window.

Even if you cancel after a PEC visit you still get the full deposit back.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
snerkler

Post by snerkler »

On-Track wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:21 pm
snerkler wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:51 am In the end I've just paid off the balloon payment on my current X5 and going to wait until after the pandemic when all parts are available.
Waiting until the pandemic is over could be just the same as sending the apprentice to the stores for "a long wait". :D :D

If you're still a fan of Macan handling then one option could be to put down a deposit on an S or GTS specced just the way you want it. As long as you haven't reached lockdown in the order process you can always reclaim your deposit if you decide on something else.
Haha, I know. Tbh I think I need to spend longer with a Macan, I wasn’t as blown away by the Turbo as I was expecting but I feel more time is needed to appreciate it. I have to admit I did really like the G05 X5 so that’ll be high on the list.