Roof Bars

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Cyblyn

Post by Cyblyn »

Purchased a 2017 Macan GTS six months ago from OPC.
New to this forum and have been reading all the topics on a daily basis I certainly know more about Porsche Macan now than six months ago.
Would like your opinions on Roof Bars or non Roof Bars.
My preference was without as I like the roof line which gives a more of a coupe look in keeping with the 911/Cayman shape.
When I see more recent models the majority have the roof bars.
Thank you all for the interesting topics.

Guy

Post by Guy »

Call me pedantic but you actually mean roof rails! (Roof bars are the bits you then add to carry the load)

And personally I think the roof rails look good; it’s an SUV after all!

PS. And welcome to the forum!
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Just as previous comment, it is an SUV. I've used my spec'ed roof rails with roof bars to good effect, ie, carrying sheets of plywood, and all matter of materials. They're a godsend if you're into a bit of DIY. And they do seem to fit in with its lines.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Porsche gives you endless options. Just to put the contra view.....If you do not need a roof rack / box/ cycle carrier etc then why have roof rails.

20200601_130317~2.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Cyblyn

Post by Cyblyn »

Yes Guy you are quite right I should have said Roof Rails steep learning curve for me when posting on this forum where members attention to detail is to be welcomed.
I guess it`s a personal and practical view in deciding to have Roof Rails.
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Looks slick without the roof-rails.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
LesThAn<

Post by LesThAn< »

Personally I think it's colour and trim dependant.

I think the Sapphire Blue looks better without. Dark colours with chrome trim, better with. White with black trim, better with. Black or Volcano Grey with black trim, better without.

Wonderful to have all of the options to spec it exactly how you want when ordering. A nightmare when buying used, take it from me!

I'm trying to buy my first Macan and going used initially just to see if I can live with it. If I fall in love then I am sure I'll end up ordering my own and accepting the first year's extra depreciation as 'spec-it-how-you-like tax', and accept it happily!
Cyblyn

Post by Cyblyn »

My Macan GTS is Volcano Grey with gloss black trim including door handles and lettering.
Good luck with your search LesThAn we all have our must have options I was lucky with the one I found, if I was to order new it would be exactly the same spec.
LesThAn<

Post by LesThAn< »

Cyblyn wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:23 pm My Macan GTS is Volcano Grey with gloss black trim including door handles and lettering.
Good luck with your search LesThAn we all have our must have options I was lucky with the one I found, if I was to order new it would be exactly the same spec.
That's great! I'm 95% there and close to pulling the trigger too.