New (used) Macan on its way from OPC

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo »

SAC1 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:57 pm A warm welcome and a great choice.

Please do check the paperwork and car over carefully before you departure the OPC (unless it's close to your home or work). Ask them if the transfer box has been changed and if there have been any DPF issues recorded.

Which OPC?

Best wishes with your purchase. Enjoy. :)
Thanks, valuable advice there. On the transfer box, I heard about the issues, was there a recall? Otherwise, should it have been replaced already? DPF, same thing, should there be anything specific?

Edited - OPC Bolton, I found the experience so far very good. I'll do a write up once the deal is done.
2015 Macan S Diesel
1998 911 Carrera 2 Manual
2015 BMW M220i convertible
2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

stuckmojo wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:57 pm
Thanks, valuable advice there. On the transfer box, I heard about the issues, was there a recall? Otherwise, should it have been replaced already? DPF, same thing, should there be anything specific?

Edited - OPC Bolton, I found the experience so far very good. I'll do a write up once the deal is done.
Welcome to the forum.

There was no recall for the transfer box. Ask if it has been changed, if not make sure you have the two year "Approved Used" warranty.

Ask them to show you proof that all the DPF related recalls have been carried out. Several members (including me) had Macan SDs for years with no DPF issues. Others, typically those who undertook a lot of short duration journeys, had no end of problems.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo »

On-Track wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:47 pm
stuckmojo wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:57 pm

Welcome to the forum.

There was no recall for the transfer box. Ask if it has been changed, if not make sure you have the two year "Approved Used" warranty.

Ask them to show you proof that all the DPF related recalls have been carried out. Several members (including me) had Macan SDs for years with no DPF issues. Others, typically those who undertook a lot of short duration journeys, had no end of problems.
Thanks. I'll ask them about DPF. I had issues with my BMW and that was very annoying. Yes the car comes with 2 years warranty - my reason for buying from OPC really.
2015 Macan S Diesel
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

DPF - For what it's worth with my SD I always ensured I did trips that brought the engine temperature up to 90C. I also used BP Ultimate. The later may not be essential, but it also gave me more miles per tank full. Usually 500+ in mixed roads / speeds driving (very little motorway miles).

I never had any regen / DPF issues and only refilled the AdBlue once in 18000 miles / 3 years.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Guy

Post by Guy »

Although not strictly a ‘recall’, my 2015 SD has just had the transfer case fluid changed under Service Campaign WLE9. My car had a new transfer box early 2018, and apparently this new service campaign is VIN specific, hence I am not sure of the full criteria.
stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo »

I have emailed OPC with these questions, thanks a lot! Trying to arrange pick up tomorrow
2015 Macan S Diesel
stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo »

Have the car. I'll do a proper write up tomorrow. Back from a 150 mile drive in apocalyptic conditions. OPC Bolton were fantastic.

The car is lovely and drives very well. Very happy with it.
2015 Macan S Diesel
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Don't forget, until you've posted pictures the car does not exist. :lol: :lol:
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo »

at Bolton OPC. No other photos as I drove through torrential rain and it's been horrid so far. I will take some nice ones when the weather clears.

Initial impressions:

- Great long distance car. Over 40MPG not hanging around on motorway.
- look and feel of the interior is definitely Porsche and funny to see the same stalks as my 996 in design and layout.
- Options were spot on: PCM and NAV worked well, I need to get used to some of the controls which will take time. Pan roof with blind is great, reversing camera I'd say essential and general handling quite good for this type of car.
- Engine does its work well. It's not a terribly fast car, but I think my mind needs to recalibrate from the 500hp G-wagen and it's instant supercharged shove, but I had the same feeling about the Turbo last week. Very smooth power delivery.

Hugely happy with the purchase, this suits me and family perfectly and I can't think of a better option.
2015 Macan S Diesel
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Car looks good! :)
Great that you’re pleased with it, and nice to have a two-Porsche stable!
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018