New member and (soon to be) Macan GTS owner

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
JLR

Post by JLR »

Thanks Peter, very similar specs although as you say you were a little heavier with the options! I notice you also went for Air - any particular reason? I seriously considered 21” Black Sport Classics but I think Air would have been essential on the 21’s. So it was another 2k+ or nothing and decided to draw a line at a cap of 70k. Cleaning the Spyders will seemingly be a chore from the many posts covering wheels, but hopefully 20’s with PASM will provide a firm but comfortable ride.
Current: MY21 Carmine Red Macan GTS
Sold: 2017 BMW 540i Touring

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

JLR wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:59 pm Thanks Paul, I get your comment about flat red and no doubt it’s a rip-off. That said, I’ve driven grey, black or dark blue cars for the last 20 years so I wanted something more “out there”. Miami Blue was a bit too shouty for me and Crayon although very nice was a tad too bland. Sapphire is also lovely but hey I bit the £1600 bullet and went for Carmine! The car is due early October and am counting the days!
Decent and complimentary GTS spec, don’t be concerned about the £1600, I’m paying for it just to be delivered in primer! aka “Crayon” 😖😊
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

JLR wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:28 am Thanks Peter, very similar specs although as you say you were a little heavier with the options! I notice you also went for Air - any particular reason? I seriously considered 21” Black Sport Classics but I think Air would have been essential on the 21’s. So it was another 2k+ or nothing and decided to draw a line at a cap of 70k. Cleaning the Spyders will seemingly be a chore from the many posts covering wheels, but hopefully 20’s with PASM will provide a firm but comfortable ride.
The GTS demonstrator I drove had Air, together with the standard GTS wheels and the ride (with PASM set in Sport) was just right. I didn't know whether the shortened steel springs had a higher spring rate and there were no other demonstrators available so I decided to go for Air. The ride still feels just right :D .
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

On-Track wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:32 pm The GTS demonstrator I drove had Air, together with the standard GTS wheels and the ride (with PASM set in Sport) was just right. I didn't know whether the shortened steel springs had a higher spring rate and there were no other demonstrators available so I decided to go for Air. The ride still feels just right :D .
Which feels just right though, to you, high or low?
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

jaffacake wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:30 pm
Having accidentally driven in low for many hundreds of miles and rather less in high, I cannot tell the difference.
Peter

jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

On-Track wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:30 am
jaffacake wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:30 pm
Having accidentally driven in low for many hundreds of miles and rather less in high, I cannot tell the difference.
I couldn't tell in a straight line, but I feel it is definitely a factor in high speed corners.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
JLR

Post by JLR »

Just collected my MY21 Macan GTS today. Very impressed although have only driven 5 miles from the OPC back home! Love the colour and the specification (see the Porsche code in my first message of this thread). Two quick points to help other form members as I've seen much debate about these points:
1) The standard heated front seats have 3-stage controls with the buttons located on the centre consul
2) I have the smoking package but have 2x USB-C outlets in the rear

If anyone has any specific questions about the MY21 GTS model then please feel free to ask and I'll answer whatever I can (obviously noting my personal specification).

Porsche_1_No Reg_2MP.jpg

Porsche_2_No Reg_2MP.jpg

Current: MY21 Carmine Red Macan GTS
Sold: 2017 BMW 540i Touring
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

^^^^^ Very nice @JLR........I love the colour 👍👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

You will not be surprised to know that I think your car looks absolutely fabulous :lol: :lol:
Peter

Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

Thank you so much for the information on the heated front seats. Just been told today mine is at Emden and should be in Chester by the end of the month.Only the 2 litre but fast enough for an 80 year old.Yours looks amazing.I love the tinted light bar.Ive ordered that on a volcano grey, with agate grey leather interior!!!!!!!!! Jury is out on that until I see it.