New member and (soon to be) Macan GTS owner

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
JLR

Post by JLR »

Hi all, firstly a big thanks to all forum contributors who from their various posts over recent months helped me to finalise my GTS spec which was locked-in with the dealer mid last week. No changes now possible so please be gentle with my mental health if you think I've made any big mistakes! Seriously, I think I've captured the "must-have's" whilst throwing-in a bit of bling for good measure! If money was no option I'd have kept ticking those options boxes and the final price would have run wildly out of control. As it is, I managed to keep the final spec (ex. road tax) to just under 70k. I probably compromised on a few of the safety options, but then on a previous car (a few years ago) I had ACC and LKA and I invariably switched both off as I found them a distraction. If you're prone to a wandering mind whilst driving then no doubt they are worth every penny, but believe me I intend to savour every second of driving this new beast! It's interesting to note that we rarely see two identical cars specified in this forum which only proves that we all have slightly different tastes, wants and desires. In addition, the MACAN is a gorgeous car in any configuration so we're all just tinkering around the edges. My code is PMAUG112 (link below) and all comments welcome, although as mentioned please remember that it's now too late to make any changes!

https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do?us ... e=PMAUG112
Current: MY21 Carmine Red Macan GTS
Sold: 2017 BMW 540i Touring

Paul

Post by Paul »

👍
“ sensible” GTS spec!

( I would not pay £1600 for flat red 😉, but I did pay for the GTS interior on mine 😊)

You will enjoy the GTS - best “value” in the range (IMO)
Last edited by Paul on Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

A warm welcome to the Forum and to the bright colours MY20 / 21 GTS club.

Lovely spec and you are bound to enjoy it. When is it due?
Last edited by SAC1 on Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hi JLR and welcome to our friendly forum! :)

Congrats on the GTS order. Great spec and not a million miles away from what mine would look like, were I to order one! ;)

Deffo the best colour for a GTS! 😎
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
JLR

Post by JLR »

Thanks Paul, I get your comment about flat red and no doubt it’s a rip-off. That said, I’ve driven grey, black or dark blue cars for the last 20 years so I wanted something more “out there”. Miami Blue was a bit too shouty for me and Crayon although very nice was a tad too bland. Sapphire is also lovely but hey I bit the £1600 bullet and went for Carmine! The car is due early October and am counting the days!
Frenchy

Post by Frenchy »

Save £261 for the key painted and buy one on the very well known auction site ... Nobody will notice the difference !!
Macan GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHWGUL86
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Welcome JLR, nice spec - nice to see Sports Chrono present and correct.

Lovely colour scheme for a GTS, my key is also carmine red - very nice!
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

Welcome JLR, great spec on your new Macan, post some pictures when you get the car.
JLR

Post by JLR »

Yes will do - hopefully early October. Thanks to all for the positive comments.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

JLR wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:59 pm Thanks Paul, I get your comment about flat red and no doubt it’s a rip-off. That said, I’ve driven grey, black or dark blue cars for the last 20 years so I wanted something more “out there”. Miami Blue was a bit too shouty for me and Crayon although very nice was a tad too bland. Sapphire is also lovely but hey I bit the £1600 bullet and went for Carmine! The car is due early October and am counting the days!
Welcome to the forum.

Carmine Red is a lovely colour in my unbiased ( :lol: :lol: ) opinion. It certainly looks fantastic "in the flesh" and is also pretty good at hiding dirt, unlike the GTS wheels. I was a bit heavier on the options but don't regret any of them. Enjoy your car when it arrives, October is not that far away.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel