MY21 Macan S Question

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
citadel1

Post by citadel1 »

I understand - that is very helpful to know, thank you for your responses!

pmg

Post by pmg »

On-Track wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:38 am
geomacan wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:03 pm
Hi

I ordered an S on 14th August...order locks this week.....got a date of Oct 10 for leaving the factory and I added a few options.....see post in order section ‘first post’.

I got a call from my OPC this week saying traffic Jam assist is no longer available on the S For MY21 and that heated front seats are standard so both will save me a bit though I then added adaptive cruise control and LCA. She is going to let me have a list of changes on MY21 next week since they still have not updated the S on the config. I will share any info that I get but I would hope they will honour my PCP figures if it is a small change upwards.
It's beginning to look as if Traffic Jam Assist, brought in with the facelift, is quietly disappearing. I wonder if Porsche is having problems with it.

Not a surprise as although the speed and stop-start aspects of ACC and Traffic Jam Assist work fine on my 2019, the steering elements of lane keep assist and TJA are not brilliant and I would not rely on them. I admit they are not helped by most of my nearby motorways being upgraded to Smart and having narrow lane running with old lane markings remaining as well in many instances which must not help the cameras
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
geomacan

Post by geomacan »

On-Track wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:38 am
geomacan wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:03 pm
Hi

I ordered an S on 14th August...order locks this week.....got a date of Oct 10 for leaving the factory and I added a few options.....see post in order section ‘first post’.

I got a call from my OPC this week saying traffic Jam assist is no longer available on the S For MY21 and that heated front seats are standard so both will save me a bit though I then added adaptive cruise control and LCA. She is going to let me have a list of changes on MY21 next week since they still have not updated the S on the config. I will share any info that I get but I would hope they will honour my PCP figures if it is a small change upwards.
It's beginning to look as if Traffic Jam Assist, brought in with the facelift, is quietly disappearing. I wonder if Porsche is having problems with it.
I think it is the lane keep assist that is the issue and it is required for TJA. They have removed LKA from all models now so you have to get ACC and LDA separate

Shame as the LKA is terrific on my current 5 series.
geomacan

Post by geomacan »

citadel1 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:26 am yes, absolutely! I am curious also, my OPC said October build with a view for delivery in November.....if it is an early or mid October build, surely it wouldn't take until the following month for delivery? I am assuming it is just to perhaps manage expectations.....unless there is some major hold up at the ports! :lol:
I was told mine is scheduled to leave the factory on Oct 10 but it would not likely be at the dealer until Oct 31. As long as it enters the UK before the end of the year then I’m cool with that. Very excited as it is my first Porsche after 5 great BMWs (3s and 5s) and one regrettable foray into a Mercedes.
citadel1

Post by citadel1 »

geomacan wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:37 pm
citadel1 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:26 am yes, absolutely! I am curious also, my OPC said October build with a view for delivery in November.....if it is an early or mid October build, surely it wouldn't take until the following month for delivery? I am assuming it is just to perhaps manage expectations.....unless there is some major hold up at the ports! :lol:
I was told mine is scheduled to leave the factory on Oct 10 but it would not likely be at the dealer until Oct 31. As long as it enters the UK before the end of the year then I’m cool with that. Very excited as it is my first Porsche after 5 great BMWs (3s and 5s) and one regrettable foray into a Mercedes.
Likewise, my first Porsche after 6 BMWs and 4 Mercedes, very excited too!
citadel1

Post by citadel1 »

Just had confirmation from my OPC that my order is due to be officially locked next week :) apparently I will be getting a build date next week too!
geomacan

Post by geomacan »

citadel1 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:49 pm Just had confirmation from my OPC that my order is due to be officially locked next week :) apparently I will be getting a build date next week too!
Mine was locked on Sep 4th so not too long to go now.