MY21 Macan S Question

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
citadel1

Post by citadel1 »

Hi Guys, this is my first post here!

I have placed an order and given the 3k deposit for a Macan S, in July, business contract hire arranged approved by VWFS through OPC. My sales rep advised a few weeks ago that they received their allocations and the car will be an October build with expected November delivery. This last week gone, I was advised that more accurate timescales will be given by the end of August as they are waiting for the S MY2021 model to show up on their internal systems. I selected a black Macan S with the only extra being black gloss window trim, however this was done on the 2020 'Configurator', and the contract hire figure based on the cost derived from that.

My question is, I assume there will be a very small price difference between the 2020 and MY21, does anyone know what standard practice is here with the OPC - would they revise the contract hire price and then go back to VWFS for re-approval? or does everything tend to stay the same and they honour the approved quote at the time the order was intially placed? Apologies for the long question!

Thank you in advance for your replies,

geomacan

Post by geomacan »

citadel1 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:27 pm Hi Guys, this is my first post here!

I have placed an order and given the 3k deposit for a Macan S, in July, business contract hire arranged approved by VWFS through OPC. My sales rep advised a few weeks ago that they received their allocations and the car will be an October build with expected November delivery. This last week gone, I was advised that more accurate timescales will be given by the end of August as they are waiting for the S MY2021 model to show up on their internal systems. I selected a black Macan S with the only extra being black gloss window trim, however this was done on the 2020 'Configurator', and the contract hire figure based on the cost derived from that.

My question is, I assume there will be a very small price difference between the 2020 and MY21, does anyone know what standard practice is here with the OPC - would they revise the contract hire price and then go back to VWFS for re-approval? or does everything tend to stay the same and they honour the approved quote at the time the order was intially placed? Apologies for the long question!

Hi

I ordered an S on 14th August...order locks this week.....got a date of Oct 10 for leaving the factory and I added a few options.....see post in order section ‘first post’.

I got a call from my OPC this week saying traffic Jam assist is no longer available on the S For MY21 and that heated front seats are standard so both will save me a bit though I then added adaptive cruise control and LCA. She is going to let me have a list of changes on MY21 next week since they still have not updated the S on the config. I will share any info that I get but I would hope they will honour my PCP figures if it is a small change upwards.
citadel1

Post by citadel1 »

geomacan wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:03 pm

Hi

I ordered an S on 14th August...order locks this week.....got a date of Oct 10 for leaving the factory and I added a few options.....see post in order section ‘first post’.

I got a call from my OPC this week saying traffic Jam assist is no longer available on the S For MY21 and that heated front seats are standard so both will save me a bit though I then added adaptive cruise control and LCA. She is going to let me have a list of changes on MY21 next week since they still have not updated the S on the config. I will share any info that I get but I would hope they will honour my PCP figures if it is a small change upwards.
Many thanks for your reply!

That is interesting, I had requested an update for a more accurate delivery date from OPC, however they advised that this was not possible because the MY21 year model has not been released on their systems yet for the Macan S - they said however that they have their allocation so it is still on track for an October build.....and they will let me know soon - I was advised that there will be a small price increase though...
geomacan

Post by geomacan »

citadel1 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:47 pm

Hi

That is interesting, I had requested an update for a more accurate delivery date from OPC, however they advised that this was not possible because the MY21 year model has not been released on their systems yet for the Macan S - they said however that they have their allocation so it is still on track for an October build.....and they will let me know soon - I was advised that there will be a small price increase though...
To be fair, they are having to ring up Porsche vehicle planning to find the full changes out but were just alerted because I ordered an item that no longer exists so it must be on the config soon but I expect an increase too.

Which OPC is yours and what is your Porsche code.....mine is PLCC9CV1.
citadel1

Post by citadel1 »

geomacan wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:02 pm
citadel1 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:47 pm

Hi

To be fair, they are having to ring up Porsche vehicle planning to find the full changes out but were just alerted because I ordered an item that no longer exists so it must be on the config soon but I expect an increase too.

Which OPC is yours and what is your Porsche code.....mine is PLCC9CV1.
Ah, that makes sense then - hopefully the configurator will be updated soon then and I can get an accurate date, very much looking forward to it! I havent got my Porsche Code to hand, however I ordered a Macan S in black with black gloss window trims as the only extra! The 2021 model year has been updated on the configurator for the base Macan and GTS, but the difference in pricing is under £150, so very minimal.....I assume it will be a similar thing with the S!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

£150 seems pretty decent, if heated front seats are now standard kit :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
citadel1

Post by citadel1 »

yes, absolutely! I am curious also, my OPC said October build with a view for delivery in November.....if it is an early or mid October build, surely it wouldn't take until the following month for delivery? I am assuming it is just to perhaps manage expectations.....unless there is some major hold up at the ports! :lol:
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi

It's beginning to look as if Traffic Jam Assist, brought in with the facelift, is quietly disappearing. I wonder if Porsche is having problems with it.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

citadel1 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:26 am yes, absolutely! I am curious also, my OPC said October build with a view for delivery in November.....if it is an early or mid October build, surely it wouldn't take until the following month for delivery? I am assuming it is just to perhaps manage expectations.....unless there is some major hold up at the ports! :lol:
The time from factory to OPC can vary quite a bit. The shortest time door to door is in the region of 10-14 days. There have been some instances of many weeks, up to a couple of months, caused by various different factors. As you say, the OPC is sensibly taking the ‘Under promise and over deliver’ route when managing your expectations. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
pmg

Post by pmg »

citadel1 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:26 am yes, absolutely! I am curious also, my OPC said October build with a view for delivery in November.....if it is an early or mid October build, surely it wouldn't take until the following month for delivery? I am assuming it is just to perhaps manage expectations.....unless there is some major hold up at the ports! :lol:
The time Porsche's take from the factory to deliver to the dealer can vary substantially between a matter of days to over a month depending on the timing of car carriers, both sea and land-based and an element of luck.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8