Goodbye SLK Hello GTS

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
PMY8HV70

Post by PMY8HV70 »

Looking forward to our 4-door GTS. Spec is my user name :geek: chosen with ideas from this Forum. Build starts 25/9 delivery by end October. To replace our 2-door SLK, once someone buys it ;)

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great news :D :D :D

Remember to post some photos :D
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

PMY8HV70 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:04 pm Looking forward to our 4-door GTS. Spec is my user name :geek: chosen with ideas from this Forum. Build starts 25/9 delivery by end October. To replace our 2-door SLK, once someone buys it ;)
Bold (brave) colour choice 8-) . I posted on another thread that I had seen a Gen II in the flesh and I was surprised how good it looked.

The GTS is just an all round great car you are going to love it - did you manage to get a test drive?
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Congrats

Followed a non GTS in that colour home the other day.

No Pan roof after a convertible though?
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome to the forum.
As your spec is your user name it's probably just as well that you've past lockdown date :lol:
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
PMY8HV70

Post by PMY8HV70 »

Thanks for the comments.

Choosing between all the options was a nightmare (I know, it's a First World problem :? ) and went right up to lockdown. Comfort Pack snuck in at the last minute. IMHO pan roof adds weight, is expensive (so other options would have had to go) and only useful for rear passengers. We've had our convertible SLK for 8 years and decided it's time to move on. We can always hire a convertible on holiday (yes, another First World problem).

We test drove a Gen II 4-cylinder (fantastic roadholding) and a Gen I GTS (pretty quick). I expect there should be an appreciable difference to our Gen II GTS? Might even be as quick as our SLK? It is the 55 AMG and managed a quarter mile time of 13.2 a couple of months ago :twisted:

We saw a Gen II Turbo in Miami Blue and the colour just "popped" :shock: Although the blacks greys blues are nice, we wanted something that stood out. We were also considering Marmite Green, but couldn't see us living with it long-term.

Did I mention our SLK is for sale? ;)
RGS

Post by RGS »

I think you have made a great choice, I came out of an AMG c63s and don't miss it or its uncompromising ride one bit.
Glad to leave Mercedes after 25 years of loyal ownership, they have become a mass manufacturer with all the problems that brings especially disastrous residuals. You see more Mercs than Fords on the road now and the AMG badge no longer carries the same prestige that it once did, same for the cars unfortunately.
PMY8HV70

Post by PMY8HV70 »

Our Brewdog Blue GTS has been built and landed at Grimsby on Thursday 15/10. Hopefully delivered by next Friday 23/10 :D

In the meantime, our SLK55 AMG is still for sale if anyone cannot resist a n/a V8 :mrgreen:

IMG_2906.jpeg

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I used your Porsche code this morning and was told Adaptive Cruise Control is no longer available and has been removed from the spec. It will be interesting to see if your car has it or not when it is delivered. I'm sure the car will be worth the wait.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
PMY8HV70

Post by PMY8HV70 »

OMG 😮 Thanks for the heads-up. We recently did a (Covid safe) UK tour in our Golf GTD (49mpg) and used ACC about 50% of our 2400 miles