Sound System Upgrade

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ramessur Kewin

Post by Ramessur Kewin »

Hi Porsche Owners. ;)

Lately, i have been very unsatisfied with my Standard Sound System in the Macan.

Is there any way to upgrade this standard 10 loudspeakers sound system to the 14 Loudspeakers BOSE System ?

Quite disappointing Audio System for a Premium Porsche Car.

Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Looks like we're been hacked again!!!!
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Should have bought the Burm!

It sounds great. It's very disruptive to mess around with the ICE system, working wires in behind panels, cutting in extra speakers etc.

Get the job done by a pro installer.

You could have a long play around with settings first, most seem happy with the standard.

Try it with hi res recording from SD card to guarantee your source is perfect, watch out for any extreme settings which could be overloading any components in the stream

I just found the Burmester a bit better on the bass and sharper on mid / treble but i'm very fussy and keep cars for ever.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Tim92gts wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:33 am Should have bought the Burm!

It sounds great. It's very disruptive to mess around with the ICE system, working wires in behind panels, cutting in extra speakers etc.

You could have a long play around with settings first, most seem happy with the standard.

Try it with hi res recording from SD card to guarantee your source is perfect, watch out for any extreme settings which could be overloading any components in the stream

I just found the Burmester a bit better on the bass and sharper on mid / treble but i'm very fussy and keep cars for ever.
What's your take on the Bose set-up? I have a Burm in my Merc but don't think it comes with a sub in the boot like the Porsche Bose.
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

PorscheMack wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:39 amWhat's your take on the Bose set-up? I have a Burm in my Merc but don't think it comes with a sub in the boot like the Porsche Bose.
I've got Bose in the 996 and the sub is quite boomy, otherwise the system is ok.

A bit different as there's so little space in the car for any upgrade.

The Macan Burmester has the sub in the boot and it works well but still leaves space for a spacesaver.
Tim
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

PorscheMack wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:39 am

What's your take on the Bose set-up? I have a Burm in my Merc but don't think it comes with a sub in the boot like the Porsche Bose.
TBH you wouldnt know there is a sub in the boot with the bose system in the Macan unless you were told it was there.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

BanZ wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:32 am
PorscheMack wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:39 am

TBH you wouldnt know there is a sub in the boot with the bose system in the Macan unless you were told it was there.
I could tell there was a sub in the boot on my Landy, because it made a truly terrible noise, especially when there was shopping in the back. I eventually just unplugged it.
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:57 amI could tell there was a sub in the boot on my Landy, because it made a truly terrible noise, especially when there was shopping in the back. I eventually just unplugged it.
You were lucky!

My S3a lightweight rattled so much it was hard to tell whether or not the radio was on.

1200 Watt sub in the 928 does a great job taking a lot of the strain from the stock bass speakers.
Tim
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab