MACAN S OPTIONS

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
gg2009

Post by gg2009 »

Hi all

Just joined and be grateful for a bit of advice on what options are a must to ensure car holds value.

Think cost is £55k approx. with below spec.

Background
+++++++++++

I have now decided on a Macan S as just leased Electric Mercedes EQC last week and doing nothing for me.

Every time I see it in driveway it bores me £71k car!!!

I thought big saving on fuel and fact can put through as company car so a BIK tax saving would help but just doing nothing for me so going back in 90 days when lease ends and ordering Macan S.

My negative thoughts are the concern is selling it in 2 or 3 year and electric cars the standard and a petrol car like this becomes a dead duck.

However, my positive thinking is there is always be a market for a one owner low mileage car.

I would love to hear what anyone's thought are and if I worrying unduly?

I have the below options in mind but would appreciate any advice on anything missed that is a must...

1. Comfort seats which gets me full leather - £1094
2, The 21" Turbo or Spyder wheels - £2828 - not decided yet - thoughts welcome
3. Reverse camera -
4. Rear Blinds
5. Yellow wheel inserts
6. Black metallic paint - £674
7. Black tail pipes - £548
8. Privacy glass - £333
9. Side windows trim - black high gloss

Thanks in advance...….

gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

no car holds it's value, you need to think about what you need to enjoy the ride, simple as that
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

As above unlikely to hold value but will help it more saleable

I certainly don’t think you need privacy and blinds for example.

21s and no PASM could be seen as an issue too
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Paul

Post by Paul »

It’s an old post but worth a read.....

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4942
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
pmg

Post by pmg »

If no PASM, I would consider 19 or 20 wheels rather than 21

if you do a lot of close manoeuvring surround view is worth the extra over rearview camera,

No need for both rear blinds and privacy glass

I was wondering what yellow wheel inserts looked like with a black car? Could add to look but could find them and cost on the configurator. I then realised you mean full-colour porsche crest wheel inserts. On the 20-inch black turbo's they come as standard meaning greater saving of 20's cf 21's

Some dealers would say add the panoramic roof to protect the future value, the views on this forum seem to be now split 50/50 on this as a source of possible future leaks.

I am of the review buy the car for yourself rather than the 2nd owner.

Interesting about the lack of soul with the EQC, I see many are finding that with electric vehicles and hence the need to get "a last petrol vehicle" right before rising taxes make them unaffordable even before the ban. I saw my first EQC on the road this week and thought for the rear it looked quite bulbous.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi, welcome to the forum. You'll get plenty of good advice here. We're also quite good at getting you to spend more money that you planned :lol: :lol: .

A point of warning: comfort seats don't get you full leather, they just get you leather seats. The full leather interior gives the car the look you'd expect in a £50k plus car.

If you have small children then the rear blinds might be worth having but otherwise, as others have said, not as well as privacy glass.

Porsche Adaptive Suspension Management (PASM) is well worth having, particularly with the larger wheel options. In normal times I'd recommend a test drive in versions with and without PASM so you could make your own mind up but that's much harder at the moment. The few forum members who have cars without PASM all defend their choice and say it's unnecessary whereas those of us with it say it's essential. PASM cars tend to be in the majority but that doesn't meen on its own that the majority are right.

By yellow wheel inserts, I assume you mean the full colour Porsche crest. If you go for the 20" turbo wheels they're thrown in at no extra cost. In any event for £114 they look much better than the standard silver (IMHO).

Panoramic Roof will lighten the interior (particularly with the all black you're going for) even if you never open it. Yes, there have been a few cases of leaking roofs but not for the vast majority.

At the moment, Macans hold their value well so choose the car you want not what you think the next owner might like.

Good hunting.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
DGC

Post by DGC »

What about the larger fuel tank and the clock/compass for the dash.
You should also make a conscious decision re collapsible spare wheel and/ or tyre repair kit.
Another though is the “smokers pack” which should be renamed for marketing purposes as most people purchase simply to finish off the centre console.
I hoping to collect my own Macan S on 11 Dec.
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

1. Comfort seats which gets me full leather - £1094

Yes, gets you memory as well - 14 way though, smaller bolster than 18 way - I’ve had both.

2, The 21" Turbo or Spyder wheels - £2828 - not decided yet - thoughts welcome.

20” wheels are a good compromise, 21’s look great but ideally with PASM, perhaps Air Susp. as well.

Reverse camera at least, it would be expected in a used SUV. Surround view if your parking ability is poor or in very difficult places.

Rear blinds are a waste of money.

Colour of wheel centres depends on colour of the car, ask a woman which looks best.

Black metallic - not for me, VG ideal.

Black tail pipes - yes, the chrome ones will lose their looks.

Privacy glass and gloss black window trim - yes but not from Porsche. Have all windows done to your own tint level by a detailer. You can go quite dark on the front windows with a light interior. This avoids the ‘van’ look of OEM. Window trims done at the same time.
For resale, not everyone likes the full black look.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Having bought a pre used approved car, I obviously did not spec my car from new, but having now owned the car for 9 months here are my thoughts on things I would spec if ordering new. With 21” wheels I would deffo go with air suspension & PASM. I have full leather with memory & 14 way adjust, I think the seats are ace and very comfortable. I also have surround view which with 21” wheels I view as essential to stop kerbing the expensive wheels!
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Another vote for surround view, it's a big help.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)