Newbie considering a Macan and have a few questions

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
f4lse.4l4rm

Post by f4lse.4l4rm »

The special Porsche Car Connect app turns your mobile phone into a remote control for your car. You can control the car's functions from anywhere: for example, remotely open or close the car, turn on the heater or air conditioner. And it is possible with Cayenne, as I know.

snerkler

Post by snerkler »

f4lse.4l4rm wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:53 pm The special Porsche Car Connect app turns your mobile phone into a remote control for your car. You can control the car's functions from anywhere: for example, remotely open or close the car, turn on the heater or air conditioner. And it is possible with Cayenne, as I know.
Thanks. Tbh I’ve been put off by the poor customer service, they’ve ignored my last three emails. I’d have thought Porsche customer service would have been second to none but alas it seems I was wrong :(

BTW, Merry Christmas everyone :D
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

f4lse.4l4rm wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:53 pm The special Porsche Car Connect app turns your mobile phone into a remote control for your car. You can control the car's functions from anywhere: for example, remotely open or close the car, turn on the heater or air conditioner. And it is possible with Cayenne, as I know.
You've clearly got a different version of Car Connect from mine. On my GTS, the remote section tells me whether the car is locked but will not let me unlock it. I can fold the mirrors but I think that's a hangover from Gen 1 as the mirrors on mine fold as soon as you press the lock button.

You mentioned the Cayenne, do you have the auxiliary heater option as you can start that remotely.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

A quick email to Porsche headquarters in England telling them your problems should get them moving quickly.
snerkler

Post by snerkler »

Rhys2004 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:00 pm A quick email to Porsche headquarters in England telling them your problems should get them moving quickly.
Yeah, would be nice not to have to go to those measures though.

I’ll still keep an eye on the used car search but I’ve actually been looking at the 3litre V6 Velars since spitting my dummy out with Porsche, and so far the service from JLR has been much better. I appreciate the Velar is nowhere near as dynamic a drive though. I do like all the toys the Velar R-Dynamic HSE comes with but I do also like the idea of a dynamic driving experience as I miss my performance cars.

Decisions decisions :roll: :lol:
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

snerkler wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:30 pm
I’ll still keep an eye on the used car search but I’ve actually been looking at the 3litre V6 Velars since spitting my dummy out with Porsche, and so far the service from JLR has been much better.
Wow: I never thought I would read somebody saying JLR service was better than Porsche! Still 2020 has been a weird year.
Peter

snerkler

Post by snerkler »

On-Track wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:17 pm
snerkler wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:30 pm
I’ll still keep an eye on the used car search but I’ve actually been looking at the 3litre V6 Velars since spitting my dummy out with Porsche, and so far the service from JLR has been much better.
Wow: I never thought I would read somebody saying JLR service was better than Porsche! Still 2020 has been a weird year.
It sure has :lol:
Wil

Post by Wil »

IMO, (other opinions are available) all the jlr cars I drove before prior to the macan were a let down in terms of driving dynamics.
Yes, they have more powerful variants, like the svr models, but none of them can hold a candle to the drive of the macan. This is what tipped us into a macan gts.
Also, a macan turbo is a lovely car, and used cars are in high demand right now. If you’ve found one that has been for sale for a couple of months, I’d be asking serious questions about why that is, and what it would mean when you come to sell it on in the future.
snerkler

Post by snerkler »

Wil wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:13 am IMO, (other opinions are available) all the jlr cars I drove before prior to the macan were a let down in terms of driving dynamics.
Yes, they have more powerful variants, like the svr models, but none of them can hold a candle to the drive of the macan. This is what tipped us into a macan gts.
Also, a macan turbo is a lovely car, and used cars are in high demand right now. If you’ve found one that has been for sale for a couple of months, I’d be asking serious questions about why that is, and what it would mean when you come to sell it on in the future.
Since my last post I did put a deposit on a Macan Turbo but unfortunately the sports seats were far too uncomfortable for me, plus the condition wasn't as good as described. I did go on the lookout for one with the comfort seats but never found one. I then test drove a Velar. Drive was 'ok' but condition was appalling, I've genuinely never seen a car from a main dealer in as bad condition.

I then got a superb offer on a new X5 M Sport, ordered it but when it arrived spec was missing and so I declined it as unfortunately it was 'must have' spec. In the end I've just paid off the balloon payment on my current X5 and going to wait until after the pandemic when all parts are available.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

snerkler wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:51 am In the end I've just paid off the balloon payment on my current X5 and going to wait until after the pandemic when all parts are available.
Waiting until the pandemic is over could be just the same as sending the apprentice to the stores for "a long wait". :D :D

If you're still a fan of Macan handling then one option could be to put down a deposit on an S or GTS specced just the way you want it. As long as you haven't reached lockdown in the order process you can always reclaim your deposit if you decide on something else.
Peter