considering buying a Macan 3 TD S

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
kos11-12

Post by kos11-12 »

Hello everyone,

My name is Konstantin, I own a 911, 964 carrera 4, year 1992,
I am considering buying a preowned Macan S, 3L V6 TD. I red a lot of good things about this car and would like to learn more from this community.
Thanks for having me here

Best wishes
Konstantin

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Won’t be long until we have you buying a petrol GTS lol.

Welcome.
peter7

Post by peter7 »

Welcome ... Good choice , I moved from a 911 a year ago .... no regrets .... anything in particular you would like advice on

Peter
Macan S Agate grey 2014 one of the original press cars
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Mine is the best car I’ve ever owned, despite its faults. I would not be running one outside of the Porsche warranty, mine is at 22k miles and has had two transfer boxes already, also had a gearbox leak and a new sunroof. All fixed within the warranty.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

kos11-12 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:25 pm Hello everyone,

My name is Konstantin, I own a 911, 964 carrera 4, year 1992,
I am considering buying a preowned Macan S, 3L V6 TD. I red a lot of good things about this car and would like to learn more from this community.
Thanks for having me here

Best wishes
Konstantin
A warm welcome to you.

They are great cars and the best handling SUV. I ran one for 3 yrs and 18000 miles with no problems whatsoever. Fast, reliable, comfortable and usual Porsche quality.

Anything you need to know, then just ask us.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
kos11-12

Post by kos11-12 »

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcoming !
The GTS seams to be a great car, I must admit, I am little bit on a budget, I was looking for a Macan S DT 3 L, years 2016 to 2017 with around 70 k miles.
I would prefer one without sunroof as it is something else to repair and a lot of weight in a not ideal place for handling.
I was also thinking remapping it to increase torque and power.
I have heard they are great cars, I haven't tried one yet.
I would appreciate to hear from this community what are the things I should look in the history of cars I see, the gearbox and transfer box is quite a scary issue.
Thanks
Konstantin
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

If you are buying from an OPC (official Porsche centre) then it will have had a 111 point check and come with an official Porsche 2 year warranty....for your peace of mind.

If not.......
Ensure it has been serviced at the correct time / mileage by an OPC through its life. Every 2 years minimum and check to see if s service is imminent / overdue.

There was a minor facelift for the 2017 model year.

Check everything works and that there is no bodywork, trim or wheel damage. Check that the tyres are all above 3mm. Check discs and pad condition. Check for any oil or fluid leaks.

Or get the 111 point check done by an OPC and before you pay for your Macan - private or trade.

Avoid Macans with halogen headlights, especially if you do out of town night time driving.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D :D :D
kos11-12

Post by kos11-12 »

Thanks Steve,

I will check all those you points you mention, and carefully look at the service history.
Do you guys know what was the issues with gearbox and transfer box, was it an issue with early cars . are the replaced ones technically upgraded ?
Any issues with the clutch, turbos, inter coolers ?
Does anyone here with a remaped car ? I had my A6 TDI remaped and it's great, more power and more economical.

Thanks for all your help !
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Not heard of anyone remaping theirs but quite a few people have used the TDi Tuning boxes to good effect....so I hear.

Very happy with mine so far.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.