Swapping m140 for macan 3.0s diesel pdk 14 plate

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bucko79

Post by Bucko79 »

Hi guys I'm a plumbing and heating engineer in Telford Shropshire, currently own a 17 plate m140i stage 2 455bhp, however I also own 4 dogs so the bmw is not fit for purpose, we recently owned a sq5 which had more time in the garage than with me however the size was perfect, so iv decided on a macan , I'm looking at a 14 plate 3.0s diesel pdk and looks nice and not yet even sat in one but that's why I'm reaching out to you guys to educate me on things I should know and look for, ie services, tyre cost and known issues, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Obebiker

Post by Obebiker »

I’ve had my SD since new and it’s been superb. No issues, tyres lasted 35k mpg around 30-35, above 40 on a long journey. Servicing at Porsche dealers is more than bmw, but not excessive IMO. Not quite as quick in straight line as sq5, but handles better and rides better too. I test drove an sq5 before buying the Macan. The transfer box is an issue on some cars, like anything in the internet, if you go searching for busted transfer box issues you’ll find plenty, but I’ve not had an issue and many people don’t either. Just don’t buy the cheapest one you find or a bog standard spec.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Take a close look at the spec of the one your interested in and then compare it with all the optional extras you can spec on the Porsche new Macan configurator.

Great SUV with circa 248 bhp for the diesel Macan. DPF can be an issue if you only do short trips and the engine does not reach full operating temperature.

On the 2014 model Sat Nav was an option as were front heated seats etc. Halogen headlights were standard and are feeble compared to the bi-xenon or LED options.

The Porsche warranty is worth having for peace of mind and a potential wallet saver!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

fully agree with Obebiker, but use an indie for servicing much better as car is serviced, not just an oil change.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Can't really add to the advice above.

Shame about the Audi - we had a TT which was a great machine and trouble free.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I've checked out the size of the boot compared to the Q5 - I don't find the boot that big in the Macan and we only have one dog !

To be fair the dog mainly goes in her own car !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S