Hi, new member here

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Hi all,

Just put a deposit down on a petrol S which I’m really looking forward to getting. Slightly nervous with purchasing through lockdown but it’s from an OPC so hopefully all will be ok!

Coming from a 340 BMW which was a great car but fancied a change before we all have to have electric cars. Not my first SUV as I did have a 3 litre diesel Q5 about 6 years ago which I only kept for less than a year and didn’t gel with it at all as it was a little dull but everything is so positive about Macans that I’m hoping this will be different!

Looking forward to getting involved in some chat and also a great source of knowledge.

Cheers

Beaverman
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44

AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Welcome to the forum, Beaverman 👍

When do you hope to get your S, and what colour have you gone for? I bought my used 2020 model Macan S during the 2nd lockdown from an OPC, without actually seeing it or test driving it...just saw a few photos.....and I’m pleased to say all was fine when I collected it, and the car was in excellent condition, so I don’t think you need to worry about purchasing during this lockdown.

I too had an Audi Q5 previously, though it was a 2018 model, 2.0 litre petrol, and I can confirm the Macan S is a completely different positive experience, especially the power of the engine, and the quality of the car, so I don’t think you’ll be disappointed 👍.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Hi, I’m hoping to get it in about 2 weeks as it has only just come in. The dealer knows I’m quite particular on its prep so I’ve emphasised I don’t want it rushing! Can’t go anywhere right now anyway. They are going to deliver it in an enclosed truck/trailer.
Colour wise it’s volcano metallic grey. I haven’t seen it or ever even driven a Macan or even been in one so I’m taking a bit of a gamble! Spec wise it has some nice parts I think;
18 way seats
Bose
Xenon
Panoramic roof
Heated seats and steering wheel
Some nice Porsche crests embossed on the seats
PASM
21 inch wheels
Park including surround

Think that’s about it, anything I’m really missing?
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

As you've ordered a new Macan, lockdown will have a whole new meaning for you. It's the date beyond which you cannot change your specification for the car. You should have a "Porsche Code" for the spec you initially agreed with your OPC. If you post that on the forum we'll tell you all the things to add to it (and, occasionally, take away) to make your car "better". :D

We're also very good at offering advice which usually just happens to match the choices we made. :lol:

Do you have a build date for your car?
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Hi, sorry I wasn’t very clear, I’ve ordered a new to me Macan but the car is an 18 plate.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D :D :D

They are lovely cars to drive.

Remember to post some photos.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Welcome.

I moved to a Macan S after 5 BMW's saloons and estates and have not regretted the move.

If on driving it , you totally detest the Macan, which I doubt, you are protected by the distance selling regulations so nothing at risk
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Yes you are right re distance selling, I don’t think I’ll be disappointed though based on reviews. At the end of the day I need an estate/SUV so that’s what it will be compared to.
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

Congrats and welcome :D . Superb cars to drive. Look forward to seeing the pics.
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I came from a BMW 535 and the Porsche quality is really up a level. The only thing you might find after the 340 is that the Macan will feel slower, but the driving experience will be better. Good luck.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.