Purchased facelift 2019 Macan 2.0

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rashg60

Post by Rashg60 »

Evening all,

Purchased my first ever Porsche over the weekend. Had a Jaguar E-Pace before that and a Range Rover Evoque prior to that.

I didn't even keep the Jag for 6 months as the car wasn't that great to drive. It was a petrol 2.0 (200bhp) but no fun at all. I wasn't in love with it. The 2.2 diesel Evoque before that was much better in comparison.

Anyway, the Porsche is in a completely different league to what I've owned previously.

I've noticed there's hardly any talk about the base 2.0 model on this forum. Surely there are more owners of this model range?

My Macan has the sport chrono pack and the 18 way comfort seats with heating steering wheel and a pan roof finished in dolomite silver metallic with 20" gloss black turbo alloys. In sport plus mode the car drives fantastic and certainly puts a smile on your face. In normal comfort mode, I admit it is a little dull and hardly moves (hence why it's always in sport plus mode). I'll post some pictures as soon as I figure out how to (this is my first post on here).

Would love to hear from fellow 2.0 Macan owners and see what they think?

Regards,

Rash
Own:
19 Porsche Macan 2.0
15 Audi RS3
15 Audi A1 1.4 TFSI
Ex:
19 Jag E-Pace R-Dynamic S
15 RR Evoque Dynamic
06 VW Golf GTI
05 Audi TT 3.2 V6
00 Audi TT 1.8T
91 VW Corrado G60
86 Pug 205 1.9 GTI
84 VW Golf GTI

Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

Welcome to the forum.You will find that many people here like the GTS.It has an excellent engine and offers good value when you look at the standard kit.However it is not for everyone.I have had two 2 litre Macans,and I find them more than adequate for my needs.At 80 years old, comfort and quality were my top priorities.I didn't want speed etc.I do go up and down the M6 to our second home and I find the 2 litre excellent for cruising at the legal limit.I have 19 in wheels and PASM and find it very comfortable.I also have the 14 way seats which help with exit and entry.The engine is a VW block and I have found it to be reliable and efficient.There is a demand for the 2litre and I had a very good part exchange when I bought my new one.Enjoy the car.
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

Congrats on the purchase. These Porsche's are a different league to the JLR group. I bought a really well specced 2019 2.0 after owning a Jaguar f pace 300 sport (300bhp 4 cylinder) and a jag XE 180d before that). The Macan just feels so nimble and gets me to the speed limits in my area as fast as I need to.
Although it doesn’t have the v6 growl it does have a nice raspiness to it that sounds nicer than the f pace at cold start and on acceleration. Saying that the F Pace was better than a E pace loaner I had which felt lifeless and cheap.
I don’t have sports chrono in mine but drive it in sports mode with air suspension on mid setting and it drives like a dream. Never owned a car where I just want to keep thinking of an excuse to go for a drive in it.
Dolomite is actually a great looking colour, been very impressed with some of the owners pics I’ve seen on here.
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

I really like my facelifted 2.0. I do wish Porsche had fitted the Golf R or GTi Clubsport engine to it rather than the Performance Pack GTi's though.

The fuel economy isn't amazing, but it's a heavy car with wide tyres and not very aerodynamic so it's to be expected. Looking forward to taking it on a few long trips this year.
Last edited by thewanted on Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caster

Post by Caster »

Congrats on your first Porsche and joining the Forum Rash.

Know what you mean about the 2.2L Evoque - I had one for nearly a couple of years whilst waiting for my Macan SD order - certainly a sportier drive than the 2.0L Ingenium which replaced it.

I’ve only driven an early 237bhp base Macan but remember it feeling lighter/nimbler than my SD although slightly lacking for top overtaking power. That one didn’t have Sports Chrono + maybe you’ve got a nice set up with that and the extra bhp. It’ll be interesting to hear how you get on, and the views of others, as I’m ready to replace my 5yr old SD this year + the 2.0L is certainly on the shortlist.

Enjoy the motor.
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Welcome to the forum, Rash, and enjoy your Macan 👍👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Rashg60

Post by Rashg60 »

tmp_capture.jpg

This is the picture from the dealer advert. Purchased from Leicester Porsche with 14k miles.

I initially left a deposit on a white one back in December over the phone but another salesman sold it to a customer that was in the showroom at pretty much the same time.

Anyway, they bent over backwards to locate another one for me and 2 months later here we are with this one.

Thanks for your comments above guys. I am completely in love with this car and just want to drive it all the time. I may take a test drive in the GTS just as a comparison. I'm sure it's going to be amazing.

I always thought that Porsches were just glorified VW/Audi's in disguise but I've been proved wrong. A Porsche is a Porsche and that's it.

Yes it's the same engine and chassis but what Porsche achieve with the suspension, drive and quality, the VW's or Audi's don't come close.
Own:
19 Porsche Macan 2.0
15 Audi RS3
15 Audi A1 1.4 TFSI
Ex:
15 RR Evoque Dynamic
06 VW Golf GTI
05 Audi TT 3.2 V6
00 Audi TT 1.8T
91 VW Corrado G60
86 Pug 205 1.9 GTI
84 VW Golf GTI
KGB

Post by KGB »

Hi Rash, welcome to the forum and Porsche ownership.
I bought a new 2.0L Macan January 2019, coming from an SQ5 I thought power/speed might be an issue but it never has been. Most the time however it is only me in the car and so far I have only done 13,000 miles, mostly to the golf club and back. I really like the car and I think the acceleration and handling is absolutely fine, especially when you have cameras waiting to catch you at every opportunity. I don't know if I will change the car soon but if I do your spec is high on the list, I love that colour and I like the wheels as you can see below;

IMG_3365.JPG

hopz121

Post by hopz121 »

Welcome along OP.

We our collecting our 2018 2.0 Macan this weekend. We currently have a 2015 SD which is a great engine, but less annual mileage and a few other things have meant we are looking to replace it for a newer petrol model and the 2.0 fits the bill perfectly.

Prior to the Macan SD we had an Evoque 2.2 Diesel and the Macan is much better in every way we have found.

Enjoy the new car :)
Rashg60

Post by Rashg60 »

KGB wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:57 pm Hi Rash, welcome to the forum and Porsche ownership.
I bought a new 2.0L Macan January 2019, coming from an SQ5 I thought power/speed might be an issue but it never has been. Most the time however it is only me in the car and so far I have only done 13,000 miles, mostly to the golf club and back. I really like the car and I think the acceleration and handling is absolutely fine, especially when you have cameras waiting to catch you at every opportunity. I don't know if I will change the car soon but if I do your spec is high on the list, I love that colour and I like the wheels as you can see below;
IMG_3365.JPG
Thanks KGB. I love the Volcano Grey as well and that was the other colour I was deciding between. In the end decided that I liked the new Dolomite Silver with those wheels (unsure what they're called? - but they are my favourite wheels on the Macan).
Own:
19 Porsche Macan 2.0
15 Audi RS3
15 Audi A1 1.4 TFSI
Ex:
15 RR Evoque Dynamic
06 VW Golf GTI
05 Audi TT 3.2 V6
00 Audi TT 1.8T
91 VW Corrado G60
86 Pug 205 1.9 GTI