Prospective owner..

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
NickMSM

Post by NickMSM »

Hello! Looking for an SUV to replace my wife's A35 AMG in a few months. Considering a few cars, having had a lot of LR/RR's I am a little put off with their reliability issues which has moved my interest to a Macan or even a Levante.

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Take care looking at this forum, there are an incredible number of people who seem to think the Macan is the last word in motoring fun and games, the GTS in particular. Take it with a pinch of salt, they're all biased!
Surely that accolade must belong to the 911 or other such model, however, that will be entirely useless when going to the golf club, tip, garden centre, B&Q or taking the twins to school. That minor niggle and the bias apart, they are largely RIGHT!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

NickMSM wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:08 pm Hello! Looking for an SUV to replace my wife's A35 AMG in a few months. Considering a few cars, having had a lot of LR/RR's I am a little put off with their reliability issues which has moved my interest to a Macan or even a Levante.
Welcome Nick, shout if you have any questions
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

NickMSM wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:08 pm Hello! Looking for an SUV to replace my wife's A35 AMG in a few months. Considering a few cars, having had a lot of LR/RR's I am a little put off with their reliability issues which has moved my interest to a Macan or even a Levante.
Welcome. The Macan will retain a lot more value than the Levante over time. The Macan also has a smaller footprint. Go for a Macan S or above to match the A35 type of performance.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver