Hello for now.

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Sooze

Post by Sooze »

Hi all,

I've dipped in and out of this forum over the past 2yrs but I've never got around to register until now. I've had my Night Blue Macan S since the end of August 2019, and I love it. Came from a Range Rover Sport SVR, and 2 other Range Rover Sports before that, the Macan was my idea of downsizing :lol: That move was prompted by my other half's 911 ownership - the PDK gearbox is just too good.

Much as I love the Macan I'm now looking to downsize further and I'm on the hunt for a Boxster S or GTS over the coming months, so I'm reading with interest the posts by those of you who have moved your Macan on, and how the market is looking at the moment post all the lockdowns.

Sooze

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi and welcome to the forum. Sorry that your Macan ownership seems to be only a transient phase. What will you use as a load carrier when both you and your other half are in sports cars?
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Sooze

Post by Sooze »

Thanks for the welcome.

With kids grown up and left the nest, needing to transport anything bigger than the weekly shop is a very rare occurrence. That combined with me being the only occupant for 70% of the time it feels a bit excessive to have a car the size of the Macan.

So it seems to be the perfect excuse and time to be a bit self indulgent, while still young and fit enough to get in and out of a Boxster with minimum risk of causing a medical catastrophe. That's what I'm saying anyway :lol:

We do however, need something that's a bit sensible, with 4 seats for the odd pick up and to reduce the commuting miles on the sporty cars a bit, so we're looking at i3's for that task - something I never thought we'd do but it seems like a good idea. It'll be interesting how it all works out.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D :D

I would like to downsize a bit too but still want 4 proper seats (no... not a 911 :lol: )
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Hello and goodbye Sooze! My mate has a Macan AND an i3, not that I'm recommending such a pairing for you, no just commenting that the i3 is an excellent load carrier, with back seats folded down it swallows two golf trolleys and bags with room to spare and has pretty impressive acceleration too!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP