One week into Macan S ownership.

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Realdeepseadiver

Post by Realdeepseadiver »

Hello Again Everyone,

I collected my 2017 Macan Diesel a 31,000 mile two owner car (OPC Chester first owner Showroom car or a demo?) a week ago from Alpha Motors Wigan. To be frank they lied to me about the state of the tyres, the condition they were in which in this day and age it beggars belief. It's on Pirelli P Zero's (4 mm left on rears and barely legal at the front The car tramlines everywhere so I'm having a set of 4 Michelin Latitude Sport 3's fitted this Wednesday (in total £948 fitted). The Porsche Centre Tonbridge pretty much price matched KwickFit but couldn't get them quickly enough this time but great advice again from you guys. Thank you.

The car has a Full Porsche Service History but again as I'd expected needed a major service now so it's booked in for one (£800+) At the same time they are going to fit Porsche Power Steering + which incidentally will cost £308 fitted. They buy the Part/kit in from Porsche so it needed to be paid for in advance. Other work they'll carry out includes a full geometry set up which I've requested (£398) and fit new wiper blades front and rear.

All this with the aim of buying a 3 year Porsche warranty after I've owned the car for 90 days (this is to stop car dealers selling a car with full Porsche Warranty and 24 hr Porsche Assist). It'll be required to undergo and pass a 111 point inspection (£211) prior to them selling me the warranty. Money well spent? I think so.

Despite these few expenses and the tram lining - classic sign of knackered tyres - I absolutely love my Macan Diesel S. It's fantasic on Fuel averaging 38mpg on the journey from Wigan to Whitstable and I'm seeing 42- 44 mpg regularly on local runs at the legal speed limits. This car has just about EVERY option ticked. A classic Showroom Specced Car.

Overall I'm Delighted with it.

Previous Cars Owned Include but not all:

Lancia Delta Intergrale 8v and later an Evo 2
Lamborghini Jalpa - It was 1989 guys!
Maserati Biturbo
Audi S3
Audi RS4 Avant
1992 911 964 2S Manual
Audi Q7
Mitsubishi K74 L200

Firstmacan

Post by Firstmacan »

A lot of people look down on the diesel. I absolutely loved mine, it had great acceleration, very relaxed on long journeys and also averaged mid 30’s mpg in London suburbs. Still miss it.
Arrived July 2023 - S, Silver.
Arrived April 2019- S Petrol in Sapphire Blue & 21” Spiders. Sold
Arrived April 15 -diesel S, Agate grey & 20 “ spiders. Sold
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Realdeepseadiver wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:46 pm Hello Again Everyone,

I collected my 2017 Macan Diesel a 31,000 mile two owner car (OPC Chester first owner Showroom car or a demo?) a week ago from Alpha Motors Wigan. To be frank they lied to me about the state of the tyres, the condition they were in which in this day and age it beggars belief. It's on Pirelli P Zero's (4 mm left on rears and barely legal at the front The car tramlines everywhere so I'm having a set of 4 Michelin Latitude Sport 3's fitted this Wednesday (in total £948 fitted). The Porsche Centre Tonbridge pretty much price matched KwickFit but couldn't get them quickly enough this time but great advice again from you guys. Thank you.

The car has a Full Porsche Service History but again as I'd expected needed a major service now so it's booked in for one (£800+) At the same time they are going to fit Porsche Power Steering + which incidentally will cost £308 fitted. They buy the Part/kit in from Porsche so it needed to be paid for in advance. Other work they'll carry out includes a full geometry set up which I've requested (£398) and fit new wiper blades front and rear.

All this with the aim of buying a 3 year Porsche warranty after I've owned the car for 90 days (this is to stop car dealers selling a car with full Porsche Warranty and 24 hr Porsche Assist). It'll be required to undergo and pass a 111 point inspection (£211) prior to them selling me the warranty. Money well spent? I think so.

Despite these few expenses and the tram lining - classic sign of knackered tyres - I absolutely love my Macan Diesel S. It's fantasic on Fuel averaging 38mpg on the journey from Wigan to Whitstable and I'm seeing 42- 44 mpg regularly on local runs at the legal speed limits. This car has just about EVERY option ticked. A classic Showroom Specced Car.

Overall I'm Delighted with it.

Previous Cars Owned Include but not all:

Lancia Delta Intergrale 8v and later an Evo 2
Lamborghini Jalpa - It was 1989 guys!
Maserati Biturbo
Audi S3
Audi RS4 Avant
1992 911 964 2S Manual
Audi Q7
Mitsubishi K74 L200
Let’s see the spec list then. Mine is not a showroom car or a demo, just a simple one lady owner who ticked many options boxes before I took it from her.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Sounds like a great Macan 👍👍

You have had some great previous cars too :D :D :D
Realdeepseadiver

The Spec:

Jet Black Metalic
21" 911 turbos
Pan Roof
Bose
14 Way Seats
Heated Front Seats
Stainless Front and Rear Skid Plates
Aluminium Roof Rails and Bright Chrome Window surrounds
Air Intake Grilles Painted in Black High Gloss
Sideblades Painted In Exterior Colour
Sports Chrono
PASM
PDLS
Sports Exhaust with Tailpipes in Silver
Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass
compass heading in the right hand dash binnacle
Cruise,
Power folding mirrors
Garnet Red Seat Belts
Land departure
Full Black Perforated Leather
Bluetooth
Had the transfer box replaced under warranty 2 years ago.
Plus lots of other stuff.

Fitted a superb TravAll Dog Guard

Oddly White callipers on rear discs and silver on the fronts - any ideas as to why?

As for people looking down on the Diesel S - Let them I think it's brilliant. (Incidentally I'm off to view/try/probably buy a 17 plate turbo Performance Pack in the next few days at Porsche Centre Tonbridge). That way my wife gets a new car too (The Diesel S).

Snobs everywhere but diesel snobs? Really? Very Sad. I grew up in the family that owned Portman Lamborghini the sole UK concession for 31 years and Brabus GB for that matter. I've been lucky enough to make a great living as a saturation diver repairing oil and gas wells world wide for the past 28 years which has allowed me to get away with doing 4 or five one month trips a year having seven or 8 months off a year and to buy pretty much whatever cars I fancied. I really couldn't care less who thinks what, diesel, so what? It's a great car. Although strangely this one doesn't have the 'diesel' graphics on the front/clamshell. I bought mine as a practical everyday car to chuck my dogs in and for the drive up and down to Aberdeen in in comfort and so as not to put too many miles on my Factory Order GT3 when it arrives later this year.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong when I try to upload a photo or 2 on here it's just not happening.
For pictures of the car go to my instagram @realdeepseadiver
Realdeepseadiver

ScotMac wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:44 pm Sounds like a great Macan 👍👍

You have had some great previous cars too :D :D :D
Thank. Kind of you to say so.
MJT147

Post by MJT147 »

I love my diesel. Had some issues with it (now hopefully sorted) but it does what I want.

It’ll never be the quickest car but what it does, it does well.

Mid-range performance
Fairly economical
Looks great
Sounds good (in Sport)
A head turner

Whilst I was having said issues, the OPC leant me the new 2 litre Macan. A totally different beast. Fun but far from the relaxing drive the diesel offers.

I think a lot will miss a diesel option.
Sapphire metallic blue
21” sport classic wheels (black)
Air suspension
Monochrome black exterior pack
Panoramic roof
Loads more!
ultrabelse

Post by ultrabelse »

Couldn’t agree more. I love my diesel S - haven’t found a better replacement yet

It’s been nearly 3 yrs now though so I feel a need to change just for the sake of it. I’d be curious how you get on with the Turbo and a comparison vs the Diesel - have been considering that (alongside a Cayenne Diesel S) - both would be second hand purchases for me
Realdeepseadiver

ultrabelse wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:34 pm Couldn’t agree more. I love my diesel S - haven’t found a better replacement yet

It’s been nearly 3 yrs now though so I feel a need to change just for the sake of it. I’d be curious how you get on with the Turbo and a comparison vs the Diesel - have been considering that (alongside a Cayenne Diesel S) - both would be second hand purchases for me
I tried a 3.0l Diesel Cayenne as there are lots of the Platinum Edition cars on the market for the same or less money as my Macan. The turbo is a complete weapon. That said so is the 4.2 V8 Diesel. Different but phenomenal amount of Torque.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I love my diesel, I had a BMW 535d before and a 530d before that, both quick cars, but the Macan feels quicker even though on paper it is not. I think it’s the way it drives that makes it feel like that.
I’ve had issues with mine, mainly caused by bad workmanship from the main dealer, it’s being repaired right now and I have a VW Tourag loaner, nasty car.
Mine is over 4 years old now, but I cannot think what I could replace it with, other than an Alpina maybe.

Good luck with it. It makes a change seeing some good words about the diesel.

(By the way, mine does not have the diesel badges either)
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.