Potential 2015 Macan owner

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Dmcb

Post by Dmcb »

Hi everyone,

I have seen a 2015 Macan 3.0diesel in grey with panoramic roof, 20"spyder alloys good spec. It has done 59k and has full Porsche service history.
The car has had 1 owner and is for sale from a local non Porsche garage, comes with a 6 month warranty from warrantywise.
I would probably put about 10-14k miles per year onto it. I'm looking for advice on any issues etc I could expect with a car that age/mileage.
As far as the garage is aware there has been no transfer case replacement.

Many thanks,
Dougie!

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

The transfer case is probably the main issue with Macans.

Not sure if you can check directly with Porsche dealer if it has been replaced.

Full Porsche service history is good. Tyres, brake discs and pads are quite expensive so ensure that they don't require to be replaced.

Diesel is good for your sort of mileage :D :D
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Rare, but if it has a pan roof check for any signs of internal leakage, footwells, boot underfloor, battery bay. Also consider 6 year 60k service has it had it from Porsche? if not call a OPC and ask them to quote you the price 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Caster

Post by Caster »

In addition to what the others have mentioned I’d have the control arm bushes checked for signs of wear/splitting etc. Can be approx £1200 to replace at an OPC + not covered by warranty!
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
Dmcb

Post by Dmcb »

Thanks everyone! According to the salesman it has had its last service this month from porsche, brakes and pads were done 5000 miles ago. Still going back and forward because of the age, currently have a Merc GLC but always had my eye on a Macan.
MikeNC2015

Post by MikeNC2015 »

I have a 2015 Macan S which had the transfer case replaced at 19k miles March 2019. Now in August 2021 at 27K miles the transfer case needs to be replaced once again. Porsche extended the warranty 7 soI was reimburse $3000for the first replacement. The 2nd replacement is 6 weeks beyond the Porsche extension period of 7 years. It is impossible to speak to anyone at Porsche about this recurring issue and to have them acknowledge they have used faulty transfer cases in their vehicles. How many others are in this same situation?