New Owner

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
MartinB

Post by MartinB »

Like I said it’s a massive improvement. Everything feels solid, well put together. Personally I find the 2l absolutely fine for my needs.
The standard of equipment is excellent but a look at the options list will either horrify or amuse you. I’d suggest you allow about £12/15k over the base price of the car and you could spend a lot more.
I was told that orders placed now aren’t likely to arrive much before Xmas because of the problems with the supply of microchips, I’m sure other members will have a good idea if this is true.
We insured with Porsche Insurance who where fantastic to deal with unlike Saga our previous insurer who where dreadful.
One upside is you should get a good price for your Evoque. I could probably have got a bit more at Webuyanycar but didn’t think it worth the hassle and I was content with the p/x valuation.

jk88

Post by jk88 »

Papeto wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:13 am I Would like to hear your impressions. I am also moving from a 6 year old Evoque to a Macan. Waiting for the new MY22 release to place an order. Not sure yet to give the 2 litre or the S.
OPCs are taking orders for MY22 Macans now (or at least Reading are), so worth putting a deposit down asap if you want an early delivery. They use a build from the current model and will update it once the new specs are released back end of July.
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
Papeto

Post by Papeto »

Thanks Martin B and jk88, I am based in Australia and already put down a holding deposit for the MY22 Macan build slot. Once the configurator is updated we can lock it in :). In my mind I know the 2 litre is good enough, but the six cylinder is more sonorous and stirs the soul. I also noticed here the facelift S keeping value better than the base - not sure if its related to Covid secondcar madness. In the end it will come down to how much I can afford, which may price the S outside my reach. Also hoping they release the Gentian blue for the Macan. I saw it on the Taycan and its a beautiful colour
2022 Macan S ordered PNEGHKV4