Prospective owner - help!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
andywebber

Post by andywebber »

In my experience of looking at used vehicles there is very little wriggle room (especially at the moment) and when I enquired at my local OPC regarding new vehicles there was none!!

Caster

Post by Caster »

joelad86 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:05 pm Last question: how negotiable are dealers on new purchases? If they have wiggle room, what’s a suitable approach?
You’ll be lucky to get a discount on a new one - although I’ve heard of it on very rare occasions. More chance of negotiating freebies or discounts on things like mats, TUP, tyre insurance etc.
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Personally, I don't buy new after several bad (none Porsche ) experiences losing huge amounts of money. Right now, money is cheap to borrow although i am fortunate enough not to trouble my bank. As others have stated, look or spec one that YOU WANT not what a salesman tells you to have. My top requirements are Panoramic roof, good hi-fi, comfy ride with the option to stiiffen up for spirited driving and reliability. Also, you could and good dealers having experienced the sh**show that is JLR. Prices are rising every day as supply is not keeping up with demand. don't worry about electric cars, petrol will be around for a decade or two yet.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

It’s difficult to get any sort of discount on newly ordered Porsches, although some on here have previously reported achieving small reductions.

I suspect it may be particularly difficult in the current market - I’m not sure the dealers have any need to discount.

It can be different where dealers have ordered in new stock themselves. These cars tend to be highly loaded with options and sometimes discounts can be had (on what will be an expensive car). But I’m not sure there would be much stock sitting around currently.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Rocketing secondhand car prices spell good news...

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-adv ... news/44308
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

0% on a new purchase for most people, 1% if you are lucky, maybe a couple of free accessories (e.g. some mugs).
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

joelad86 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:44 am Hi!

My wife and I test-drove a Macan this week & had a really fun time with the car. If we were to go for one we’d likely go for a Macan S with a couple of modest extras (sunroof, parking sensors, paint).
I'd always recommending having paint on a car :lol: . Mind you there are some who prefer the unpainted look and order Crayon. Parking sensors are standard, it's only the various camera choices that are extra.

If you follow the link in my signature you'll see I've ticked most of the option boxes but I've bought exactly the car I want and I intend to keep it for quite a few years. My previous Macan was also well optioned and after 5 years I traded it in for just over 40% of its purchase price. With demand for Macans at the moment, the chances of a discount are about the same as finding Rocking Horse s**t because there will be a queue of people behind you happy to pay full price.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel