Vodafone Tracker

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Nick Seaton

Post by Nick Seaton »

Hello All,
The Vodafone Tracker on our 2020 Mecan S keeps 'locking out' and requires returning to the dealer. Our Friend has the same Mecan with the same problem.

Has anyone seen a fix from their dealer yet or has anyone checked their APP to see if the vehicle is able to be tracked? A problem if it is stolen!

All the best

Nick

Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

I have the same problem.Not been working since January.Vodafone say I need to take it to the dealer.Not had time yet.I will ask for an extension to the contract when I go in to the dealership.
Nick Seaton

Post by Nick Seaton »

Hi Rhys, thanks for that. I will let you know anything that may help.
Deleted User 4108

Post by Deleted User 4108 »

Mine stopped working yesterday when trying to put the car in transport mode for travelling on a ferry so had to call vodafone, had been working fine until then

Frustrating given Car is only 2 months old and have not managed to get the other apps working since taking delivery and getting nowhere with Porsche Support who keep telling me being worked on by the best team!!

Will have another go tomorrow and then start making some calls
PMY8HV70

Post by PMY8HV70 »

Ours is at the dealer being looked at
Nick Seaton

Post by Nick Seaton »

Thanks Tony and PMY.
We have had recurring issues since taking delivery in December. I think you are confirming that Mecans with the Vodafone tracker are an issue that currently Porsche do not have an answer for.
All the best

Nick
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Nick Seaton wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:24 am Thanks Tony and PMY.
We have had recurring issues since taking delivery in December. I think you are confirming that Mecans with the Vodafone tracker are an issue that currently Porsche do not have an answer for.
All the best

Nick
Mecans?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
PMY8HV70

Post by PMY8HV70 »

Mecan = Pecan + Macan

Our cars sometimes drive us nuts
Nick Seaton

Post by Nick Seaton »

Apologies to all...

Macan
PMY8HV70

Post by PMY8HV70 »

Just got our car back. They did a hard reset and the Car Connect tracker and app are working again. They haven’t yet had a response from Porsche Head Office on the issue but if it happens again they said they’ll likely fit a new unit, which has to come from Germany.

I do like the app because I can see where the car is and also set a boundary around the car to get notified if it leaves. Gives me some peace of mind for our investment.