Vodafone Tracker

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
KoolinL

Post by KoolinL »

I have had Vodafone tracker on two Macans and there have been no major problems. Generally Vodafone has been very prompt to contact if they think the car has moved without the tag.
My only complaint is the price.

MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

KoolinL wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:11 pm I have had Vodafone tracker on two Macans and there have been no major problems. Generally Vodafone has been very prompt to contact if they think the car has moved without the tag.
My only complaint is the price.
I agree with the above, my tracker and Connect app has been working fine since I (eventually) got it set up. But the price is a bit of a sting!
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Mines booked to go back to our OPC for a hard reset in October, hopefully sorts it.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
PMY8HV70

Post by PMY8HV70 »

Ours is going in for 3rd hard reset. OPC told me they won’t fit a new tracker box to our car as they have a number of cars suffering this issue so I assume they are waiting for a “global” fix
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Think it's a pretty drastic strip down to get to the tracker. Reading info from boxter/cayman owners they have suffered with squeaks and rattles after having the units replaced, im not going to risk that.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Two Macans, Vodafone Tracker useless on both of them.

I certainly would not subscribe to any Vodafone product.

If you have to have a tracker for insurance needs, then either change insurer or have a reliable aftermarket one fitted.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
PMY8HV70

Post by PMY8HV70 »

Porsche don’t make ownership easy. Our tracker is one of a long list of issues we’ve had since we bought it last November. My wife and I even discussed selling ours this morning and moving to another brand… but to what? It’s still the best small sporty SUV 🚙
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:59 am If you have to have a tracker for insurance needs, then either change insurer or have a reliable aftermarket one fitted.
...or move to a different postcode.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP