Just joined

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Papeto

Post by Papeto »

I am in the same boat. Put in an Expression of Interest and waiting to hear the big reveal. There will be a price increase which will impact if I can go for a base or S. Did they give you any idea of price increases?
2022 Macan S ordered PNEGHKV4

jk88

Post by jk88 »

Less of a price rise, more of a price reset I expect. Looks like moving from a 4 model range to 3 - Base, S, GTS & Turbo become Base, S & GTS, with the engine from the Turbo moving to the GTS and the GTS moving to the S with the Base getting more oomph (Golf R engine tune instead of GTI maybe?). So prices will be changing, remains to be seen if much different on a like for like basis. Suspect the Turbo may make an appearance in the future as a 500bhp final edition swansong for the Macan ICE.
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome

MUST HAVES

PASM, the suspension is designed around PASM being included and 20” wheels
14 or 18 way seats, stock 8 way are unsupportive
Reversing camera - rear quarter vision is poor

Every other option is subjective.

See my signature, replicate these on your S and you will have a well specced S.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
andy b

Post by andy b »

@Papeto - Not much of an indication from the dealer regarding adjustment in prices and revised options, so we'll just have to wait :roll:

@jk88 - Dealer indicated that he is expecting slight increase in BHP across the range, possibly a reduction in the number of buttons on the centre console and making the binnacle fully digital

@Col - Thanks for the welcome and tips regarding the key options. I'll now wait for the new spec to be announced before revisiting the build specs
Gen3 GTS - MY2022
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:05 am Welcome

MUST HAVES

14 or 18 way seats, stock 8 way are unsupportive
We find the 8-way seats VERY comfortable and supportive. Had in both the SD and now the GTS. Had extended day long test drives with both the 14- and 18-way options before deciding with the SD. So do try before you buy.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
andy b

Post by andy b »

Thanks Steve, I have got 18 way in the Range Rover, so I'll definitely give the Macan options a try. I don't think you can get lumber support on the current model?
Gen3 GTS - MY2022
pmg

Post by pmg »

andy b wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:00 pm Thanks Steve, I have got 18 way in the Range Rover, so I'll definitely give the Macan options a try. I don't think you can get lumber support on the current model?
For lumber support you need 14 or 18 way

As individuals are different sizes and shapes, seats will always be an individual decision
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Every manufacturer has their own ideas on seats. I last rode in a Range Rover in the early 1980s so have no idea what their current seats are like. As Steve has said, do try before you buy. I've had 18 way seats on three Porsches and think they're great but others have moaned about difficulties in entering and exiting with the heavy side bolsters. As PMG has said, if you want lumbar support then the choice is between 14 way and 18 way.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

I have 14 way, and much prefer them over the 18 way, as I found the bigger side bolsters a PIA, but that ‘s my opinion, and there’s others who definitely disagree! I think air suspension & PASM & 360 surround view are essential. My car was s/h and the OPC made a big sell on the 360 surround view, and I thought it was BS stealer talk, I must say for parking with 21” alloys it is very useful.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
andy b

Post by andy b »

@pmg, @Peter, @ Toddie, thanks so much for the advice. Wise words and I will definitely try the seats before I commit my spec. Hopefully post 19th July I can actually get the local Porsche garage!
Gen3 GTS - MY2022