Just joined

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
andy b

Post by andy b »

Hi All,

Just in the process of finalising the spec for a Macan S and I am now awaiting a response back from the Tonbridge Porsche dealership. I am assuming lead times are quite long for new Macan's, so any advice on this would be appreciated. Also any 'must have' options advice would be welcome. I have gone for the air suspension, pan roof and sports exhaust as a start.

Many thanks,

Andy
Gen3 GTS - MY2022

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome. :D :D

You can post your Porsche code which might help.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

It's very subjective but I have no regrets, except maybe the colour, just so many grey Macans, be bold go Mamba!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
andy b

Post by andy b »

Thanks for the welcome! Porsche code is PM9XFSC5

According to Tonbridge Porsche, the new model is due to be announced around 20th July and current thinking is that orders placed in the next couple of months would be due to be delivered in December 21 or January 22. Everyone is blaming the worldwide Chip shortage for production delays. Looks like I must try and be patient!

Cheers,

Andy
Gen3 GTS - MY2022
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Welcome Andy.
Pick the options that you want - no more ~ no less depending on your budget, how long you plan to keep it and how you will finance it.
The standard stippled side blades and spider alloys are a mare to keep clean! You can choose body colour sideblades which have a smooth finish.
Test drive and examine different Macans to get a feel for and evaluate the many options.
Ask us if in doubt about any of these options.
As you have found, lead times are long - late July for details on the 3rd facelift model and the micro chip shortages.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
andy b

Post by andy b »

Thanks Steve, sound advice regarding the side blades. Used to air suspension as I currently have a Range Rover AB, so would like to add this as an option for the Macan. I think I am going to bite the bullet and leave a deposit as at least I can get in the queue!

Cheers,

Andy
Gen3 GTS - MY2022
jk88

Post by jk88 »

Definately worth getting in the queue now with a deposit and then think about spec once the new models are announced later this month. I expect there'll be enough changes to the options list to leave the final choices until then.
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum.
Based on your choices, I would add the driver's memory package (particularly if you'll be sharing the driving). The only way to get memory for the passenger's seat and electric control (and memory) of the steering column is to go for either comfort or sports seating.

The acoustic glass does make a difference so good choice.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
andy b

Post by andy b »

Great advice thanks jk88 and Peter. I am going to put a deposit down in the next day or so :D
Gen3 GTS - MY2022
andy b

Post by andy b »

Deposit made. Now need to wait a few months. Hopefully the details of the updated Macan will be available around the 20th of July :)
Gen3 GTS - MY2022