Hi! Just joined looking for a Macan

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

Hi All

Just joined with a view to looking at a new macan as my next car from an Audi S5 sportback.

I've specced up both S and GTS (latest revision) and there is only a delta of about £3k price difference. GTS had a lot of options I wanted as standard whereas the S did not and the latter appeared like I had £12k worth of options as a result

Couple of questions

- Is the £3k delta worth it for the GTS
- Is a pana roof a must or not? I had this in my S5 and barely used it as the actually opening is a lot tinier that it looks compare to how it is presented outside

Any other pointers/recommendations is hugely appreciated

Thanks
Martin
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D :D

I would only spec the pana roof if you like it and would use it.

I like it for the extra light and for a bit of ventilation. I rarely have it fully open but enjoy having the option.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

ScotMac wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:58 pm Welcome :D :D

I like it for the extra light and for a bit of ventilation. I rarely have it fully open but enjoy having the option.
I think its likely one of those things that helps the resale value as well.
pmg

Post by pmg »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:07 pm
ScotMac wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:58 pm Welcome :D :D

I think its likely one of those things that helps the resale value as well.
Added sh value is not more than Pano costs. I would only add if back seat is regularly going to be used. I like the piece and quite of good air con and insulated laminated glass and no Pano.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

With just a £3k difference the GTS will hold a higher resale value and as long as your happy with the power and visual difference plus the firmer ride. No Brainer whether you choose with or without a pano roof 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Martin can you post with builds? I'm intrigued as they start with an £11.4k difference?

I'm kind of in the same boat but the extras for me Would have to be added to both cars with the exception of the £1054 leather option that bizarrely comes with the GTS if you spec 14/18w seats but is extra on the S???
Spud

Post by Spud »

MikeM wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:27 pm With just a £3k difference the GTS will hold a higher resale value and as long as your happy with the power and visual difference plus the firmer ride. No Brainer whether you choose with or without a pano roof 👍
Would definitely agree with this, the GTS is definitely the best choice as if/when you change it the residual value will be greater, the rule of thumb for me when building the car is never go above 10% on extras above base price of the car
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

At the moment, Martin,, there is an element of crystal ball gazing in the answers to your questions. The Gen 3 versions have been announced and are on the configurator but, apart from magazine reviews of the GTS, nobody has actually seen either car.

The new S has the same engine and power output as the Gen 2 GTS. The 0-100km/h time is 0.1s faster than the current GTS so it's certainly no slouch. The new GTS effectively combines the old Turbo and GTS but what it actually feels like on British roads, nobody knows.

The panoramic roof adds a lot of light to the interior but some members have had problems with leaks. So far, touch wood, over six years and two Macans I haven't seen any and both cars live outside. Only spec it if you want it.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
andy b

Post by andy b »

Welcome Martin! Porsche dealership have just confirmed my order for a GTS today. I have a pano roof on my Range Rover and luv it and therefore it's a must for the GTS. Personal choice though obviously. Dealer is now just waiting for details of allocations, but I am not expecting to get a build date for quite while yet due to the chip shortage

Cheers,

Andy

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN3R6KH4
Gen3 GTS - MY2022
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

One other consideration for the pano roof... you lose some height in the rear seats, about 4cm in the gen 1 Macan. So if you have tall children to put in the back (as I had/do) then you would be better without it unless you can put up with the whingeing about their heads hitting the roof.