New Owner

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
BCR1970

Post by BCR1970 »

I believe it’s pebble grey with black with the new choice of interior, not agate.. or am I missing something?
2019 Gen 2, Macan base, dolomite silver.
2022 Gen 3 GTS Volcano Grey

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Capture.PNG

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

MacanSman wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:49 am
SAC1 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:29 am ^^^ I agree that the GTS is the way to go, if you can live with the new front and rear treatment.

Personally I would not bother with the spare wheel [where are you going to put the dirty 21" alloy if you get a puncture?], just use Porsche Assist [AA] if on the rare occassion you get a puncture. Dimming mirrors are not needed as the car sits high up and you've got the privacy glass option to remove any dazzle. GT wheel is a personal style thing, but the std wheel with the sports chrono dial looks great. Total saving £880. I would add Speed LimiT Inicator at £180 as these cars are rapid!
Cheers for that.

I would have gone for the GTS but don't think I can stretch to that at the minute. It's that scenario of at what point do we say "that's enough" to spend! (well the Mrs does :cry: )

Having seen some of the thoughts on the performance exhaust humming on the motorway, I think I may even drop that option......
If you are doing a PCP you might find that with less options and a higher residual the GTS might be cheaper. If you’re doing a cash/loan buy, then yes you need a budget. I had £65K set for my Gen 2 and did not go PCP so stuck to it. I would get a finance quote for high optioned S vs a GTS. on PCP, even if you’re going to finance on your own.

The spare wheel is a bargain, will cost £500 plus if bought after purchase. I had to use mine in 2nd week after purchase (been 30years since I had a wheel to change) when pothole took out my tyre, spare in the boot 20min to change. Yes, you can wait on AA, but I would rather be able to fix myself and use AA as plan B.

Don't agree on dimming mirrors I really like them and if you do lots of night driving it’s worth it, you also get the wing mirrors too and night driving without not good for me. Heated GT wheel on Gen 2 worth it for me. Speed limiter, active cruise and lane assist would not be on my list. GTS 8-way seats better than S. I would not add sports chrono, its not a sports car. I have heated windscreen & entry drive. Air was too "floaty" for us something to test drive if you can. The PSE sounds great when you are driving with some spirit and when off it sounds the same as an S without, motorway cruising is very quiet in my GTS.

So, everyone has different advice and preferences, these are mine, it depends on your budget and what you want from the car. If you want to optimise your payments or residuals, then the GTS will repay you when you sell and many of your options are included - this is exactly the same path I took

I do agree that the new GTS front changes are not to my taste and prefer the Gen 2, maybe it looks better in the flesh.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

When looking at the options to spec' on mine. I chose BOSE, as a mid way sound improvement. It does sound really good, as many have commented on. I personally wouldn't go for super duper expensive, as in the car you will never get to listen to pure sound, with all other ambient and assorted sounds around. It has a good base sound.
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Couldn't justify over 3k on a sound system! The mrs continually turns mine down to talk to me as it is!
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

MacanSman wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:13 pm Couldn't justify over 3k on a sound system! The mrs continually turns mine down to talk to me as it is!
my son does that, and with my guitar amp, and when we put led zeppelin on the turntable. What is the matter with kids these days ?
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

TheTraveller wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:08 pm When looking at the options to spec' on mine. I chose BOSE, as a mid way sound improvement. It does sound really good, as many have commented on. I personally wouldn't go for super duper expensive, as in the car you will never get to listen to pure sound, with all other ambient and assorted sounds around. It has a good bass sound.

F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

What I have come to learn on this forum, is that we all have very different opinions! Spec the car as you want, there is no right or wrong answer. Get to the dealership and see and test out as many of the options as you can.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

F1 Nut wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:09 pm What I have come to learn on this forum, is that we all have very different opinions! Spec the car as you want, there is no right or wrong answer. Get to the dealership and see and test out as many of the options as you can.
Absolutely right, I agree. But when people post asking for opinions, it would be rude not give them. Then armed with all the information to hand, make that trip and make the decision.
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

TheTraveller wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:30 pm
F1 Nut wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:09 pm What I have come to learn on this forum, is that we all have very different opinions! Spec the car as you want, there is no right or wrong answer. Get to the dealership and see and test out as many of the options as you can.
Absolutely right, I agree. But when people post asking for opinions, it would be rude not give them. Then armed with all the information to hand, make that trip and make the decision.
Totally agree, and that's why I asked for advice, guidance and opinions... Cheers guys :D