Just joined forum, having bought first Macan - 66 plate SD!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
DWH

Post by DWH »

Hello,
I’ve just registered on the forum, having just bought a reasonably specced 66 plate SD (33k, one owner and FOPCSH) last month and really enjoying it, particularly as it replaced a tired 13yr old 2.0D Volvo V70, so quite an upgrade.
I have also finally regained marque ownership, after regretting selling my pristine guards red 944 2.5 Lux, when my first child was born…he’s 24 now…..although I did convince the wife and mother in law that a LHD RS2 was a sensible family car!
I have two current specific issues/questions (extending OPC warranty and a confusing TPMS issue) which I hope someone more experienced can help with!. I will them raise as separate threads to avoid confusing thread logic..

Thanks and looking forward to it

DWH

Volcano Grey/20”/ Black leather/PDLS/ACC/14 Way comfort memory/Pano/PS+/Htd SW and Front seats/F&R Park +camera/75l/Smokers/Auto dim int and ext mirrors…..

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Welcome to our forum! Lots of experience here so fire away with any questions and someone will no doubt respond. Enjoy your new SD!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Welcome.
We have a similar age petrol S which we have had from new and have continued to update the Porsche warranty (thus far covered a new transfer box, drivers door window seal, brake wear limiter cable and clam shell hood rubbers) On our last Porsche warranty renewal, they were happy to extend it for a further period without the need (or cost) of a 111 point inspection as long as the current warranty was still valid. Just needed confirmation(copy) of Porsche centre service stamps to send to Porsche HQ. May be worth contacting OPC to confirm if this is still the norm, but ensure the the new tyres are N rated and the callipers are not painted! 🙄
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D

Nice upgrade from your Volvo :D :D
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome to the forum.

I had an SD for five years (from new). It was a great car. You'll find out if you read on this forum that the SD prefers longer runs for trouble free motoring.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Only issue as such with the SD that Peter hints at is the DPF filter so do check with an OPC that yours is not one that suffered from problems by going into limp home mode.

Some were back and forth between owner and OPC and sold on but the vast majority were fine.

Purely Town and school runs can lead to the DPF not being regenerated so constant speed runs above 2k should help.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
smithers-jones

Post by smithers-jones »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:12 am
Purely Town and school runs can lead to the DPF not being regenerated so constant speed runs above 2k should help.
This is the main reason I traded my SD: my usage went from long distance country and motorway journies to mainly local stuff with an odd 15 mile drive from time to time. DPF's can be very troublesome if only used for short journies: they need to get very hot to allow regeneration, so a long steady run is necessary on a routine basis otherwise they just soot up. Stay wise to the risk or it becomes an expensive issue.

Other than this, I found the SD to be a very capable and worry-free machine. Enjoy!
Best, Ade

Incoming:
Papaya GTS build PPTLLZB0
Aurora Blue Cupra Born V3 77kW

Current:
BMW E92 330D Le Mans Blue

Previously loved:
2015 Sapphire Blue Macan SD
2014 Sapphire Blue 981S Cayman
2016 Racing Yellow 981GTS Cayman
Variety of ALPINA
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Welcome and enjoy your new car.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

This thread started at the end of July last year. The OP hasn't made any further contribution.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel