Macan to Cayenne

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
kendo_55

Post by kendo_55 »

Hi All,
I have 2019 Macan S with air suspension and on 21"wheels, the ride is fantastic.
I now need more space and looking at Cayenne with air suspension.
I've done a test drive in Cayenne without air, its crashy over poor UK roads (but no where near as bad as 2016 X5 on run flats)
Not many Cayennes with air at dealers to test.

I'd be really grateful if anyone has experience of Cayenne on air suspension and relate it to Macan on air, I know its a very different car.

Thinking of new order Cayenne GTS with air...

Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Don’t know the answer but I’ve moved from a Macan GTS to a Cayenne GTS and have specced it with air suspension and rear axle steering. However having ordered it in January though the latest estimate is delivery in October (and even that appears uncertain).
Sadly there is no Cayenne forum that I can find that is the equivalent to this one so there is a real lack of guidance. Think it’s going to be a very rare car though. I’ve only ever seen one (coupe version).
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I owned a Cayenne Diesel from 2013 to 2015. Great Car.

The Gen 3 car is larger than the Gen 2 I had. I've test driven (only 30 min) a Gen 3 and was really conscious of its size. The GTS looks to be a seriously potent machine and I'm sure you'll love it.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

I owned a 2019 Cayenne E-hybrid with air - the three settings with the air I think accommodates most tastes
Macan
Taycan Turbo
kendo_55

Post by kendo_55 »

THANK you all for replies, if I manage a test drive I'll update here
NickP

Post by NickP »

Hi, I was loaned a 2020 base Cayenne on 22” wheels and air for a few days so can directly compare with my 2016 Macan SD on 20”s and air. I was expecting the Cayenne to be essential a larger Macan but it is actually a lot more different than expected. The ride quality on both is excellent - even with the Cayenne on 22”s and I couldn’t say that one is better or worse than the other. However the Macan was surprisingly more stable at speed and is far more agile through the corners. The Macan feels much nearer to being a proper sports car whereas the Cayenne is nearer to a luxury barge. My preference was strongly for the Macan on the basis of the much more agile and connected driving experience, not because of the ride. The space inside is very different though!

I hope this helps a little.