2016 Macan Turbo - best car I have ever had

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
ultramega

Post by ultramega »

Hello from sunny Scotland.
My previous favourite car was the 2015 Audi S8 I had for a couple of years. This Macan wipes the floor with it, both for character and overall fit and finish. Seriously, I expected the quality to be good but I'm blown away by how superior it is. Comfiest seats I've had in a car too!

The first owner went a bit mad with the factory options list:
  • SportDesign Package
    Sports exhaust
    Panoramic Roof
    PTV Plus
    Air Suspension PASM
    20" RS Spyder wheels
    Espresso Natural leather
    Extended leather interior
    PDLS Plus
    Sport Chrono
    Steering column, sun visors, rear-view mirros in leather
    Connect plus
    Lane Keeping Assist
    Tinted rear lights
    Retractable tow bar
    Plus a few more I can't be bothered typing
Despite spending £1,600 on the PSE, the original owner ditched it after 2 months in favour of an Armytrix system. It sounds glorious, but the valves are sticking, so it's going in to have that sorted.

Having had VAG-COM for the Audis I've had, I picked up a PIWIS3 clone. It doesn't seem as user friendly, and I haven't managed to find a good general (or specific) user guide online. If anyone can point me in the direction of such a guide I'd be very happy!

PXL_20210614_185614801 (1).jpg

2017 Macan Turbo PP, Carmine Red w/ pebble/agate inside.
Too many options to list.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Glad you are pleased with your Turbo.

I have own my 66 plate Turbo since new, you can see my spec in my signature.

Certainly the most comfortable car of its size class that I have either owned or been in.

The Turbo engine is effortless, the 14 way seats I specced are the most comfortable, I no longer hurl my cars around the country roads so do not miss the 18 seats which even with my skinny frame were to snug a fit, the lumbar adjustment gives me a precise support for my ailing old back.

SC is something I added just to fill up the dash, hardly used it and never tried LC in my own car.

Five years on and I still love mine.

Enjoy your period of ownership.

PS
Only downside are the Spyders, they look great but are a sod to clean.

There is an app called Good To Know which is an electronic manual.

Plus you can register with Porsche and get the online services if you have the right Porsche Connect system installed.
Last edited by Col Lamb on Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Welcome to the forum

Car looks very nice and clean

Would be good to see interior too as must people get boring black, me included !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
ultramega

Post by ultramega »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:56 am Glad you are pleased with your Turbo.

I have own my 66 plate Turbo since new, you can see my spec in my signature.
Ah, you have ACC! Only feature I miss from my S8. Buying second hand I just had to suck it up though.
Col Lamb wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:56 am The Turbo engine is effortless, the 14 way seats I specced are the most comfortable, I no longer hurl my cars around the country roads so do not miss the 18 seats which even with my skinny frame were to snug a fit, the lumbar adjustment gives me a precise support for my ailing old back.
Yes, before purchase I had read that the 14 way seats are the most comfortable. In fact, aren't they even called the comfort seats?
Col Lamb wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:56 am Only downside are the Spyders, they look great but are a sod to clean.
Agreed! Takes longer to clean the wheels than the entire rest of the car!
Col Lamb wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:56 am Plus you can register with Porsche and get the online services if you have the right Porsche Connect system installed.
Not had much joy there. Got the right system, got the subscription (2 years for free), but can't get the maps to update. Got Porsche Edinburgh to update the PCM software (for free, which was nice), but still no joy on updating the 2016 maps. I called Porsche customer services about it over a week ago but haven't heard back yet. I read on another forum that map updates are no longer supported on PCM4. Not the best for avoiding situations like the below. Google Earth shows the bridge I am on, but the 2016 maps don't think there's a road there!

PXL_20210705_074635986.jpg

Thanks for the tip about the Good To Know app. And yes, the SC breaks up the dash nicely, but I think I have a bit too much mechanical sympathy to use launch control.
ultramega

Post by ultramega »

Tracky wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:57 am Welcome to the forum

Car looks very nice and clean

Would be good to see interior too as must people get boring black, me included !
Ignore the black mats, I'm replacing them with Espresso.

IMG_0093.jpeg

IMG_0092.jpeg