Going to take the plunge

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
resjud

Post by resjud »

Hello everyone, new to the forums here.

I've always craved a Macan but not been in a position to afford one until now. I'm looking to order a Gen 3 Macan S very soon, moving up from a 3 year old BMW X3 30d.

Any advice on dos and don'ts? The spec I am considering is at this code: PNLLUAN8, so any thoughts on that would be appreciated too, in particular whether I need the 14 way seats.

It's a little daunting as it would be my first Porsche too - the ordering process seems a little different from most manufacturers!

Many thanks!
Macan S delivered Jan 2022: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7N8UC1

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Welcome. I’m in the same position as you. You will find LOADS of stuff about seats. I changed my mind several times and eventually went to the dealer and sat in several cars before making my mind up.

People with 18 way sports seats will tell you they are the best things since sliced bread, people with 14 way will tell you the same thing. Only problem with the standard seats is they don’t have lumbar adjustment. Problem I found with the sport seats is they are a tad “snug” and very uncomfortable getting in and out because of the high bolsters.

So the best advice, i think, is go to a dealer and have a look at the various options on actual cars.

Where is your local dealer?
resjud

Post by resjud »

My local dealer is South London.

I think the lumbar support would be beneficial, but what isn’t clear to me is whether the 8 way seats have a moveable squab that is just manual as opposed to electric (as I have quite long legs so appreciate having support under the front of my thighs) or whether I would need the 14 way seats for that functionality at all.
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

resjud wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:42 pm My local dealer is South London.

I think the lumbar support would be beneficial, but what isn’t clear to me is whether the 8 way seats have a moveable squab that is just manual as opposed to electric (as I have quite long legs so appreciate having support under the front of my thighs) or whether I would need the 14 way seats for that functionality at all.
Welcome to the forum.
I have long legs (6’3”) and am an old amateur athlete ‘gone to seed’ (think ex boxer or powerlifter 😜). I tried the 14 and 18 way seats out at my local OPC and I could not settle in the sports seats. Also slightly hard to climb in and out of but then I am approaching my 60’s. The 14 way Comforts are great, good adjustments and supported my thighs. As has been said, you must try the different seats - you will be spending serious money on the car and you have to be comfortable.
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

resjud wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:05 pm Hello everyone, new to the forums here.

I've always craved a Macan but not been in a position to afford one until now. I'm looking to order a Gen 3 Macan S very soon, moving up from a 3 year old BMW X3 30d.

Any advice on dos and don'ts? The spec I am considering is at this code: PNLLUAN8, so any thoughts on that would be appreciated too, in particular whether I need the 14 way seats.

It's a little daunting as it would be my first Porsche too - the ordering process seems a little different from most manufacturers!

Many thanks!
I would consider Surround View, Adaptive Cruise, 75ltr tank, heated steering wheel
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Deleted User 4436

Makanik wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:04 pm

Many thanks!
I would consider Surround View, Adaptive Cruise, 75ltr tank, heated steering wheel
I specced all of those too.
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

Many thanks!
... and I would forgo all of the above (bar the 75l which is reasonable) for upgrading the stereo, but if you get 10 people replying, you are likely to get many different responses!. I have also specified the 14 way seats - very adjustable and comfy esp. as I will be doing high mileages.

Some people will advise that adding X or Y option will improve your driving experience or help the residuals ... but best advice I got was to just choose what you want, not necessarily what others want - we are all different after all.
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
Deleted User 4436

Zadkiel wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:17 pm

Many thanks!
... and I would forgo all of the above (bar the 75l which is reasonable) for upgrading the stereo, but if you get 10 people replying, you are likely to get many different responses!. I have also specified the 14 way seats - very adjustable and comfy esp. as I will be doing high mileages.

Some people will advise that adding X or Y option will improve your driving experience or help the residuals ... but best advice I got was to just choose what you want, not necessarily what others want - we are all different after all.
Totally agree with all that ( apart from specing BOSE, which is clearly insane 😊 ).

Seriously, go nuts with what you want and can afford, and above all go to the dealer and plonk your backside in several differently specced Macans. Of course they will all be Gen ii models for the next month or two, which doesn’t help,
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

resjud wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:42 pm My local dealer is South London.

Yes, you need at least the 14 way seats to get the extending seat squab.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
resjud

Post by resjud »

Thanks everyone, appreciate the various views, and I have considered adaptive cruise. However, 75% of my driving is in London so I'm not sure how useful it would be. Heated steering wheel is a low cost option that may well be worth it, but to be honest I was worried about getting sweaty hands that would make the leather go all shiny!

Good to get clarity on the seats - as you say I will need to sit in them to know for sure, but 14 way seems to be the best of both worlds.