Going to take the plunge

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

resjud wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:29 pm Thanks everyone, appreciate the various views, and I have considered adaptive cruise. However, 75% of my driving is in London so I'm not sure how useful it would be. Heated steering wheel is a low cost option that may well be worth it, but to be honest I was worried about getting sweaty hands that would make the leather go all shiny!

Good to get clarity on the seats - as you say I will need to sit in them to know for sure, but 14 way seems to be the best of both worlds.
ACC may actually be just as useful in London as, somewhat annoyingly its also the option you need for things like auto-breaking and pedestrian detection. So a lot of the safety features you’d want for city driving require you to purchase ACC. Bit daft but I guess it’s because it all uses the same radar system. Personally I tend to do a lot of long distance stuff on motorways so its a must have for me.

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

resjud wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:29 pm Thanks everyone, appreciate the various views, and I have considered adaptive cruise. However, 75% of my driving is in London so I'm not sure how useful it would be. Heated steering wheel is a low cost option that may well be worth it, but to be honest I was worried about getting sweaty hands that would make the leather go all shiny!

Good to get clarity on the seats - as you say I will need to sit in them to know for sure, but 14 way seems to be the best of both worlds.
If 75% of your driving is in London you ought to give serious consideration to the 2L Macan. The only problem at the moment is that PASM is not standard on the 2L and specifying it would seriously delay delivery.

I see you've gone for the leather interior. Just make sure you've checked out the difference between that and the extended leather interior and you're happy with what you've ordered.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
pmg

Post by pmg »

ACC is brilliant in a crawling traffic jam so perfect for London.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
resjud

Post by resjud »

OK, I might be convinced on the adaptive cruise.

On the 2L version, the configurator does not even give the option to add PASM at the moment (presumably due to the factory issues) so that puts it out of the question unfortunately.
Macan S delivered Jan 2022: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7N8UC1
Ntense

Post by Ntense »

Welcome to the forum, I found the information here to be invaluable when ordering my S a few years ago but ultimately, it"s your opinion that counts.The great thing with Porsche is the ability to order exactly what options you need unlike BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc. I went to a couple of dealers to sit in the 14 and 18 way and for my medium frame found the 18 way side bolsters gave me a nice fit, the 14 way are good but for me lacked the extra hold around my sides. The down side to the 18's is having to be careful over the side bolster. I also looked at loads of Macan's to get the colour right. My OPC was brilliant in letting me have a number of Macan's on extended drives to assess the different suspension and wheel setups. I ended up going with 21" Spyders with air suspension. Air just works so well on the poor broken roads of London and just glides over road humps. That said, at lower speeds, it is a tad underdamped but this improves due to PASM as you speed up. The configurator can be confusing on interior leather options, if in doubt ask your sales person

The best advise I can give is get everything you want if it is in your budget, if not, just think how often or how much value you will get from X option. I didn't spec Bose as I hardly listen to music but I should have perhaps got roof rails. I love my panoramic roof though! I too had an X5 a few years ago and loved that car but the Porsche does have a vastly better ride IMO. I'm looking aat a Gen 3 as well and thinking about adaptive cruise and will probably go for it. One regret I have is possibly not getting Sports Chrono, whilst you can do 85% without, the ability to have a quick access button for 20secs would be nice, not sure about Sport+.

Tyre kicking recently at BMW etc made me realise how special the Porsche interior is in terms of design and fit-finish

Finally, floor the break in procedure, the engine is very tight I found until about 4,000 miles when it really loosens up

Good luck you will love it!
Joe390

Post by Joe390 »

resjud wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:05 pm OK, I might be convinced on the adaptive cruise.

On the 2L version, the configurator does not even give the option to add PASM at the moment (presumably due to the factory issues) so that puts it out of the question unfortunately.
We’ve put deposit down on 2L with PASM despite it not being on configurator so don’t let that stop you. OPC will put the order in regardless but you’ll be waiting until 2022 for it sadly.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Ntense wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:39 pm Welcome to the forum, I found the information here to be invaluable when ordering my S a few years ago but ultimately, it"s your opinion that counts.The great thing with Porsche is the ability to order exactly what options you need unlike BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc. I went to a couple of dealers to sit in the 14 and 18 way and for my medium frame found the 18 way side bolsters gave me a nice fit, the 14 way are good but for me lacked the extra hold around my sides. The down side to the 18's is having to be careful over the side bolster. I also looked at loads of Macan's to get the colour right. My OPC was brilliant in letting me have a number of Macan's on extended drives to assess the different suspension and wheel setups. I ended up going with 21" Spyders with air suspension. Air just works so well on the poor broken roads of London and just glides over road humps. That said, at lower speeds, it is a tad underdamped but this improves due to PASM as you speed up. The configurator can be confusing on interior leather options, if in doubt ask your sales person

The best advise I can give is get everything you want if it is in your budget, if not, just think how often or how much value you will get from X option. I didn't spec Bose as I hardly listen to music but I should have perhaps got roof rails. I love my panoramic roof though! I too had an X5 a few years ago and loved that car but the Porsche does have a vastly better ride IMO. I'm looking aat a Gen 3 as well and thinking about adaptive cruise and will probably go for it. One regret I have is possibly not getting Sports Chrono, whilst you can do 85% without, the ability to have a quick access button for 20secs would be nice, not sure about Sport+.

Tyre kicking recently at BMW etc made me realise how special the Porsche interior is in terms of design and fit-finish

Finally, floor the break in procedure, the engine is very tight I found until about 4,000 miles when it really loosens up

Good luck you will love it!
Great post, but I hope you meant 'follow' the break in procedure!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Ntense

Post by Ntense »

Absolutely lol! my bad
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

I picked up my car yesterday and asked about break-in. Was advised not to hit the limiter too often, but other than that, these cars are good to go from the off.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

F1 Nut wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:05 pm I picked up my car yesterday and asked about break-in. Was advised not to hit the limiter too often, but other than that, these cars are good to go from the off.
no pictures?