New Member! From a RR Sport to a Macan Turbo!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I guess the silver lining is that I never have competition for the driving seat and 90% of our mileage generally sees us both in the car. It's also noticeable that the level of "comment" is much less in the Macan than any previous car which, to my mind, shows that it's excess of performance imbues as much confidence in the passengers as the driver. Win win!!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:45 pm
Kleynie wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:28 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:41 pm

The round tailpipes indicate that it has PSE, standard Turbo tailpipes are square.
Nope, you could spec round tailpipes without PSE.
I do not remember the option to specify round tailpipes being available when I ordered my Turbo.

It just came with the square tailpipes.

If it had been available I would have specified them, I already selected the de-badge option I would also have selected de-badge the Porsche logo if I could.

I am no brand junkie in fact the opposite I would rather have no badges at all.
I guess it may depend on model year. There is an 18 reg black turbo on eBay right now with round black pipes, but without PSE, it lists the options from the factory and one is black round tailpipes.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Smokey99

Post by Smokey99 »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:41 pm
The round tailpipes indicate that it has PSE, standard Turbo tailpipes are square.
I'm glad you said that I always wondered why some had the square tail pipes and some round. Really not a fan of the square ones and always put me off considering the Turbo.

Anyway - Welcome to the forum (from another newbie) and your Turbo looks great in that combo as they black spyders really improve the overall looks for me.

Chris
Macan S - Crayon Grey with lots of stuff

Your Porsche Code http://www.porsche-code.com/PNTSSA35

Previous: Audi S4 Avant; Octavia VRS Estate and many other hot hatches