New Member! From a RR Sport to a Macan Turbo!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I have my oil changed every 7-10k miles, because I would want to leave it 20k. Having said that mine is currently in the garage for the 9th time in less than two years, so it seems daft not changing the oil whilst it’s in.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Well, the RRS refugees will be reassured by that! Maybe you should explain, but not if it's going to stop me sleeping 😃😃😃
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
dpg123

Post by dpg123 »

Kleynie wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:13 pm I have my oil changed every 7-10k miles, because I would want to leave it 20k. Having said that mine is currently in the garage for the 9th time in less than two years, so it seems daft not changing the oil whilst it’s in.
Your Macan is in that often?! Is it diesel related (DPF) etc? I went petrol for that reason…
Current ride: 2015 Macan Turbo and 2004 Boxster S
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

dpg123 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:36 pm
Tracky wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:10 pm Welcome

Looks good

Enjoy.
Thanks! That’s some list of current cars!
Cheaper than hookers and drugs ;)
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome

Looks great.

The Spyders in matt black were not a standard finish if I remember correctly. Only downside of the Spyders is that they are a sod to clean.

The round tailpipes indicate that it has PSE, standard Turbo tailpipes are square.

Great that you have the most important option fitted, heated wheel.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
dpg123

Post by dpg123 »

Hi Col!
Thanks for the welcome. The Matt Black was done by Porsche Brooklands. The car was supplied with silver wheels but they refurbished them before I bought it so I suppose Matt black is now an official (Brooklands Porsche at least) finish! They do look a bugger to clean (not tried yet) but the matt finish hides a lot of the dirt anyway. I’ll be using a brush to get to the worst bits. It doesn’t have keyless entry which I need to get used to. How can I do the callipers though, a lot is hidden by the wheel.
The car is pretty fully loaded (it’s a one owner car and the previous owner was a diamond dealer(!) keep searching for theirs stash) and yes it has PSE. It has various stuff like embossed headrests, whatever the power steering plus options is called, some form of headlight upgrade (I think!) and some other bits and bobs. I love how it sounds but the neighbours def know when it starts up. It’s loud! Compared to my last car it’s so different but so much more of what I wanted. Smaller, better to drive, more soul and way better value. The main feedback so far is it definitely feels like a Porsche product even though it’s an SUV. The reviews were right…
dpg123

Post by dpg123 »

Tracky wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:56 pm
dpg123 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:36 pm
Tracky wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:10 pm Welcome

Looks good

Enjoy.
Thanks! That’s some list of current cars!
Cheaper than hookers and drugs ;)
I’ll tell my wife. Maybe she’ll finally understand!
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

dpg123 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:39 pm
Kleynie wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:13 pm I have my oil changed every 7-10k miles, because I would want to leave it 20k. Having said that mine is currently in the garage for the 9th time in less than two years, so it seems daft not changing the oil whilst it’s in.
Your Macan is in that often?! Is it diesel related (DPF) etc? I went petrol for that reason…
Yes, but the reason it’s been in is nothing DPF related, the dealer broke the sunroof, they broke the fuel rail replacing the EGR, it’s had a new Adblue injector and a new seat belt warning sensor twice, oh as well as two new transfer boxes. And all in only 26k miles.
But I do love the car as it’s a great spec and a joy to drive.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:41 pm

The round tailpipes indicate that it has PSE, standard Turbo tailpipes are square.
Nope, you could spec round tailpipes without PSE.
dpg123

Post by dpg123 »

Kleynie wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:27 pm
dpg123 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:39 pm
Yes, but the reason it’s been in is nothing DPF related, the dealer broke the sunroof, they broke the fuel rail replacing the EGR, it’s had a new Adblue injector and a new seat belt warning sensor twice, oh as well as two new transfer boxes. And all in only 26k miles.
But I do love the car as it’s a great spec and a joy to drive.
Oh God. Sound like a bit of a nightmare, hopefully all sorted now. I went Porsche / German for reliability! On the boxa.net forum I am on for my 986 (very good btw for other owners) Porsche seem so much better than LR for doing the right thing on warranty/customer care issues.