New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
PhS

Post by PhS »

Hello,
My name is Philippe, and I have given the deposit for a Macan S in Luxembourg.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNJC6826
I have been told production is confirmed for week 43 (last week of October)

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Bonjour Philippe, bienvenue..
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Looks great. I’ve no idea what any of the words say of course.
PhS

Post by PhS »

I understand but the Code are the same
Deleted User 4436

i’m happy to just look at the pictures 😊
Papeto

Post by Papeto »

That is a nice spec! What is the price difference in Luxembourg between the S and GTS? If I were to spec your car in Australia, it would get close to GTS price. Especially if you add deviated stitching and 21” wheels. In Australia the deviated stitching is half the price on the GTS ( Probably because race rex is standard) and you get 21” wheels too. We do get a lot more kit as standard though compared to the UK and USA.
2022 Macan S ordered PNEGHKV4
PhS

Post by PhS »

I have looked at the GTS, and with the same option I would have to pay 13% more.
Deleted User 4436

There seems to be a proclivity on this forum towards the GTS. The GTS isn’t right for everyone, partly because of price and partly because not everyone that buys a 4x4 wants a pseudo sports-car. I’ve had lots of harsh riding sports oriented cars ( 335i Msport convertible BMW, 4.7L V8 Aston Martin Vantage, even my remapped Mini Cooper S ) and want something a bit more refined and comfy. Yes you can dial the harshness out of the GTS but then it handles no differently to the S. Its also lower than the S which seems to be counter intuitive for a 4x4. The straight line speed difference between the GTS and the S is minimal ( they have the same engine) and you only really notice the difference if you feel you want to really wang it round country lanes and personally I’d rather hang on to my licence. I’m also not keen on air suspension and don’t want to pay insane prices to replace fancy brake disks and don’t want the GTS sport seats. So for me, and for a lot of others the S is a better option, even if it were the same price as the GTS. Nothing against the GTS, its just not right for everyone.
pmg

Post by pmg »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:04 am There seems to be a proclivity on this forum towards the GTS. The GTS isn’t right for everyone, partly because of price and partly because not everyone that buys a 4x4 wants a pseudo sports-car. I’ve had lots of harsh riding sports oriented cars ( 335i Msport convertible BMW, 4.7L V8 Aston Martin Vantage, even my remapped Mini Cooper S ) and want something a bit more refined and comfy. Yes you can dial the harshness out of the GTS but then it handles no differently to the S. Its also lower than the S which seems to be counter intuitive for a 4x4. The straight line speed difference between the GTS and the S is minimal ( they have the same engine) and you only really notice the difference if you feel you want to really wang it round country lanes and personally I’d rather hang on to my licence. I’m also not keen on air suspension and don’t want to pay insane prices to replace fancy brake disks and don’t want the GTS sport seats. So for me, and for a lot of others the S is a better option, even if it were the same price as the GTS. Nothing against the GTS, its just not right for everyone.
Plus one. Coming from m sport suspension BMW's on run-flats, the major attraction for me of the Macan is it's high level of comfort on long journeys on UK A roads and given the Gen3 GTS stiffer suspension and 21 wheels, the a new S with air and 20 wheels definitely fits such a role better.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:04 am There seems to be a proclivity on this forum towards the GTS. The GTS isn’t right for everyone, partly because of price and partly because not everyone that buys a 4x4 wants a pseudo sports-car. I’ve had lots of harsh riding sports oriented cars ( 335i Msport convertible BMW, 4.7L V8 Aston Martin Vantage, even my remapped Mini Cooper S ) and want something a bit more refined and comfy. Yes you can dial the harshness out of the GTS but then it handles no differently to the S. Its also lower than the S which seems to be counter intuitive for a 4x4. The straight line speed difference between the GTS and the S is minimal ( they have the same engine) and you only really notice the difference if you feel you want to really wang it round country lanes and personally I’d rather hang on to my licence. I’m also not keen on air suspension and don’t want to pay insane prices to replace fancy brake disks and don’t want the GTS sport seats. So for me, and for a lot of others the S is a better option, even if it were the same price as the GTS. Nothing against the GTS, its just not right for everyone.
A GTS with air suspension set in comfport will be stiffer than an S on air suspension set in comfort. At the moment, the unanswered question is how much stiffer. My GTS (2020 MY) on air suspension set in comfort "feels" slightly stiffer than my previous SD on steel with PASM set in Sport. Assuming spring rates for the new S remain the same as the old then there is likely to be a bigger gap for next generation Macans. At the moment this is all speculation as nobody has tested Gen 3 cars in the UK.

Given that the new S is reported to be marginally faster in the 0-100km/h dash than my GTS, I agree with you that the new S is likely to have as much performance as most drivers need.

A GTS on air will ride 25mm (1 inch in real money :D ) lower than an S on steel but in off road mode it will be 15mm higher.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel