Hi everyone

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bendanielgrant

Post by Bendanielgrant »

Tracky wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:18 am Welcome - that would be my colour choice too if I was going again

Hope Mid Sussex look after you ok
Thanks Tracky, Me too
2022 Gentian Blue Macan GTS (Built 8th June)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP63BVA5

2018 Navarra Blue Audi Q5 (Current)
2014 Sepang Blue Audi S3 (Sold)
2004 Daytona Grey Audi A3 (Sold)
2001 Monaco Blue Renault Sport Clio (Sold)

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Interesting that you've gone for S Air Suspension as opposed to GTS. One of the unknowns with the Gen 3 GTS is how stiff the suspension is. My 2020 GTS has air suspension that is stiffer than other models in the range but the Gen 3 is reputed to be 10-15% stiffer again. Given the time between now and lockdown there's the opportunity to try both GTS and S on air to make sure you're happy with your choice.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Bendanielgrant

Post by Bendanielgrant »

On-Track wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:05 pm Interesting that you've gone for S Air Suspension as opposed to GTS. One of the unknowns with the Gen 3 GTS is how stiff the suspension is. My 2020 GTS has air suspension that is stiffer than other models in the range but the Gen 3 is reputed to be 10-15% stiffer again. Given the time between now and lockdown there's the opportunity to try both GTS and S on air to make sure you're happy with your choice.
Thanks Peter, interesting on the early configurator it wasn't listed as such, it was just listed something like 'adaptive air suspension' as a no cost option, I've been told that my OPC will have there Demo vehicles in September so I'll be doing exactly as you have suggested
2022 Gentian Blue Macan GTS (Built 8th June)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP63BVA5

2018 Navarra Blue Audi Q5 (Current)
2014 Sepang Blue Audi S3 (Sold)
2004 Daytona Grey Audi A3 (Sold)
2001 Monaco Blue Renault Sport Clio (Sold)
pmg

Post by pmg »

Bendanielgrant wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:00 am
On-Track wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:05 pm Interesting that you've gone for S Air Suspension as opposed to GTS. One of the unknowns with the Gen 3 GTS is how stiff the suspension is. My 2020 GTS has air suspension that is stiffer than other models in the range but the Gen 3 is reputed to be 10-15% stiffer again. Given the time between now and lockdown there's the opportunity to try both GTS and S on air to make sure you're happy with your choice.
Thanks Peter, interesting on the early configurator it wasn't listed as such, it was just listed something like 'adaptive air suspension' as a no cost option, I've been told that my OPC will have there Demo vehicles in September so I'll be doing exactly as you have suggested
When you manage to have test drives in September of cars with S Air suspension and GTS air suspension, if the cars have Sports Chrono, they will have an even stiffer "sports plus" setting. I suspect the new GTS sports plus will be unusable on most UK roads as some GTS owners find the existing GTS sports plus too firm. My argument is an Air S with Sports Chrono may have a wider usable range of suspension settings than a New GTS with the stiffest "unusable". I admit true comparison may be difficult if the Air S comes with S 20 wheels and the standard new GTS with 21
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8