New member and 2022 MacanS entering build

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
SNSporsche

Post by SNSporsche »

Hi All,

I've been a follower of this forum for a while and it has been very helpful with our new car hunt/order, thanks to the entertaining discussions.
Although our preference was S we put in our deposit early May for a 2021 GTS as the price was close enough and we were getting the new 2.9L. The estimated delivery was September end.
Then came the 2022 update and seemed like S was the sweet spot for our requirements, the dealership was kind enough to accommodate the change.
Our new spec for the S was a bit cheaper than the old GTS as we were sacrificing a few GTS niceties and Sports Chrono.

This week our build slot(!!) was updated by the dealership and to our surprise looks like we may just be lucky enough to get one of the first few 2022s to the UK.

Porsche code - PNI3E7S1
Estimated build - 21/09/2021
Estimated arrival at Dealership - 15/10/2021

Fingers firmly crossed!!!

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Welcome, you lucky duck you! You are going to have to publish lots of pictures when you get it. I’ve only been given a build date, maybe I should ask about a delivery date.

Your build is very similar to mine, except for colour, 14 way seats and extended leather.

Don’t forget you are getting last years GTS power plant in this years S for less money, so it sounds like a good deal to me.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

SNSporsche wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:40 am Hi All,

I've been a follower of this forum for a while and it has been very helpful with our new car hunt/order, thanks to the entertaining discussions.
Although our preference was S we put in our deposit early May for a 2021 GTS as the price was close enough and we were getting the new 2.9L. The estimated delivery was September end.
Then came the 2022 update and seemed like S was the sweet spot for our requirements, the dealership was kind enough to accommodate the change.
Our new spec for the S was a bit cheaper than the old GTS as we were sacrificing a few GTS niceties and Sports Chrono.

This week our build slot(!!) was updated by the dealership and to our surprise looks like we may just be lucky enough to get one of the first few 2022s to the UK.

Porsche code - PNI3E7S1

Welcome and congratulations on your build progress! My build completion was originally meant to be next Friday but am yet to get an estimated arrival at the dealership date so hopefully that’s a good sign for you! I’ve gone for a similar build but in volcano and had air suspension and Bose included instead of the pano roof. Looking forward to seeing your pics in about a months time!
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Porsche code - PNI3E7S1

Welcome and congratulations on a very good and sensible S spec.
Roll on October and your enjoyment of your brand new Macan.
What car do you have now / did you have previously?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
SNSporsche

Post by SNSporsche »

Thanks a lot!! Really looking forward to our first Porsche!!

Currently driving a BMW 5 series from new and a Mini Cooper for local errands!! Previous cars were primarily BMWs and they served pretty well.
First freedom car back in India was a Hyundai Santro :)
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

SNSporsche wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:06 am Thanks a lot!! Really looking forward to our first Porsche!!

Currently driving a BMW 5 series from new and a Mini Cooper for local errands!! Previous cars were primarily BMWs and they served pretty well.
First freedom car back in India was a Hyundai Santro :)
My first Porker too. Moving from a Mini Copper S (with the JCW Pro Tuning kit and juvenile, but fun, Bluetooth exhaust) and have also had a BMW 320i, 325i and 335i Msport Convertible. Oh, and an Aston thrown in for good measure. Hope the Porsche lives up to expectations, and more than anything, I hope I can actually fit it on my drive!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Porsche code - PNI3E7S1

Nice one, I think your sensible spec choices will have enabled this prompt build completion.
Enjoy 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
hood69

Post by hood69 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:56 am
Don’t forget you are getting last years GTS power plant in this years S for less money, so it sounds like a good deal to me.

Yes he is but you don't get the GTS extras.
If you add them up the new S is about 2K more than the old GTS.
You may or may not want those extras but it's not as simple as saying it's last years GTS power plant for less money.
The GTS models have always been about the whole package and with a more sporting set up.
Historically they also depreciate at a lesser rate if it's about the financial aspect.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

hood69 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:56 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:56 am

Yes he is but you don't get the GTS extras.
If you add them up the new S is about 2K more than the old GTS.
You may or may not want those extras but it's not as simple as saying it's last years GTS power plant for less money.
The GTS models have always been about the whole package and with a more sporting set up.
Historically they also depreciate at a lesser rate if it's about the financial aspect.
Its hard to say what will happen with depreciation this time around though, with the turbo being removed from the lineup. Do the GTS' depreciate at the rate of the old turbo or the old GTS? Does the S depreciate at the rate of the old S or the old GTS etc. Whats in a name... as one poet once put it.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

...and will all ICE cars depreciate more or less than they used to...?! 🤪
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018