New member saying Hi and help!!!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Joe390

Post by Joe390 »

:twisted:
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:42 am
Joe390 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:30 am There’s definitely cheaper options. I’ve found alloy and tyre cover for circa £510 for 3 years total - this covers the diamond cut alloys and N rated tyres too. OPC policies will always be more expensive so worth shopping around.
Thanks. Can you say where? Should be getting my S in about 4-5 weeks so will be looking at taking this out ( along with Gap insurance as the car is on PCP so I don’t want to be caught short if anything unpleasant happens )
Alloy cover by Motoreasy. Tyre cover by Total Loss Gap ( recommended by Autocar). Admittedly it looks like they only have Gen 2 Macan S on the sites but can’t see Gen 3 changing cost much.

Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Another question, what is the difference between the standard Macan S exhaust and speccing the sports tailpipes? Are the sport tailpipes bigger louder??
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Sweetmeister wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:16 pm Another question, what is the difference between the standard Macan S exhaust and speccing the sports tailpipes? Are the sport tailpipes bigger louder??
The black sport tailpipes are solely aesthetic. So they are very expensive black metal tubes. They look good, corrode instantly ( based on other posts ) and cost a fortune. They do look good though, just not for long.

The sports exhaust ( about £1700 ) is a different exhaust system that you can press a button and they snarl and growl. They make no difference to performance and mainly benefit people outside the car and upset the neighbours in the morning, so are quite pricey for that. So they are mainly a vanity item to make people look at you when you pass them. I know this because my current car has the same, and its great ( and actually cost more than the Porsche option). So great fun but, for me, not worth the money.

The good thing about the sport exhaust is it also comes with the sport tips, so arguably the delta is only about £1200 which isn’t unreasonable for what it is.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

The sports exhausts do not upset the neighbours in the morning

The flaps don’t open until it has done it’s cold start up phase.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Deleted User 4449

Post by Deleted User 4449 »

I have a cold start video with our Gen3 S with standard exhaust and black tips , but can’t upload !
Does this forum not allow video uploads or is it me having a moment!!!
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Tracky wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:26 am The sports exhausts do not upset the neighbours in the morning

The flaps don’t open until it has done it’s cold start up phase.
TBH, the Gen 3 Macan s at Mid Sussex was surprisingly loud when it started up. I assumed it had sport exhaust but it didn’t. SE said the 2.9 is a bit louder than the 3.0 was even with regular exhaust. It seemed it to me, but I’ve only ever driven demo cars.

Sports exhausts usually have a flap that opens when you press the sports exhaust button ( mine does ) and it can be activated immediately you start the car. Are the Macan ones different? Will they not activate until the engine warms up ( genuine question, I don’t know enough about how Porsche engineers stuff yet )
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Thanks for the info folks, I take it the standard exhaust has chrome bits on the end, if so why would you spec the sport tailpipes as it gives you what?? I understand re the sports exhaust, but the tailpipes I just don’t see what you are paying £500 for?
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Deleted User 4449

Post by Deleted User 4449 »

Believe the standard tips are brushed , sports tips are stainless Crome Plated shiny silver or black and different design
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

Sweetmeister wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:46 am Thanks for the info folks, I take it the standard exhaust has chrome bits on the end, if so why would you spec the sport tailpipes as it gives you what?? I understand re the sports exhaust, but the tailpipes I just don’t see what you are paying £500 for?
The standard S exhaust is a matt chrome finish and not as straight as the sports exhaust tip. The sports exhaust is shiny chrome and greater thickness. See pictures. Some people spec this as the base Macan has rectangular exhaust tips.

C6B70880-4FC2-4511-BBBE-7743C58AB326.jpeg

B66D515A-5C32-4A8B-A81F-14BCCEBCD056.jpeg

23E6589A-1758-4B69-AA28-711D94BFCA22.jpeg

Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

So you are paying £500 to have black or polished chrome instead of brushed? Why would you pay £500 for that, especially as people seem to say they don’t last long and fall off. Think I’ll spend the money elsewhere or should I go for the PSE??? ;) :D