New member saying Hi and help!!!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:18 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:16 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:55 pm PNJ38540 consider adding
LED lighting, lights up the next County
Rev Cam or Surround Cam, rear quarter vision when reversing is poor.
PS+ to lighten the steering load when parking.

PNVDR317
LED
PS+

Both, consider
ACC if you will drive a lot on Motorways, when active it includes a safety braking system that operates even if a cruise speed is not set
Side Airbags in the rear
Absolutely they best option and once I used mine I vowed never to buy a car without it, heated steering wheel
Hi Col. LED lighting is standard fitment on all Macans nowadays. They got there in the end!
Hi Nick.
I have amended my post as it should have included the PDLS option
PDLS is standard too. The option is to add PDLS Plus, which only adds range adjustment at higher speeds, over 80 mph if I remember correctly, and side lighting at junctions, so not really meaningful additions to the standard lights.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

That was my understanding,thanks for clearing that up.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:27 pm PDLS is standard too. The option is to add PDLS Plus, which only adds range adjustment at higher speeds, over 80 mph if I remember correctly, and side lighting at junctions, so not really meaningful additions to the standard lights.
The dynamic main beam turns on when the vehicle speed is roughly above 40mph...........and I find it very useful 👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Sweetmeister wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:55 am Just wanting to say hello,I’ve just joined the forum as I’m looking at ordering a new Macan S in the next few days. Went over to my local OPC today as he’s just got in his first 2022 Macan which is a customer car. Loving the car so now busy on the configurator,obviously.

What are people’s thoughts on this spec- PNJ38540 or this - PNVDR317

Wife doesn’t like leather but not sure the interior is special enough with the standard interior.
Should I drop the leather and go for some other more preferred options?

All advice greatly received.

Thanks
Ian
Hi and welcome to the forum.

IMHO, the extended leather option makes the interior look like a £60k car. I would look at the Pebble/Black interior to lighten up the all black look. Not that there's anything wrong with a black interior.

If you clean the car yourself then the GT Design wheels will be easier to clean. Can't say how they look as I've only seen online pics.

If your wife doesn't like leather then you'll have to go for the standard 8-way seats as both the 14-way and 18-way seats feature leather cushions. Of course you could upgrade to a GTS and go for one of the Race Tex options :twisted:

Good hunting.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

AllanG wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:37 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:27 pm PDLS is standard too. The option is to add PDLS Plus, which only adds range adjustment at higher speeds, over 80 mph if I remember correctly, and side lighting at junctions, so not really meaningful additions to the standard lights.
The dynamic main beam turns on when the vehicle speed is roughly above 40mph...........and I find it very useful 👍
We may be confusing range adjustment and auto dipping here. I know I read somewhere that high speed range adjustment is a feature, possibly included in PDLS and PDLS plus, so I'll see if I can find that reference. The additional feature in PDLS plus of auto dipping gets mixed reviews with some saying it doesn't react fast enough. But then I might be out of date here and the latest system may be better.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:49 am
AllanG wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:37 pm
We may be confusing range adjustment and auto dipping here. I know I read somewhere that high speed range adjustment is a feature, possibly included in PDLS and PDLS plus, so I'll see if I can find that reference. The additional feature in PDLS plus of auto dipping gets mixed reviews with some saying it doesn't react fast enough. But then I might be out of date here and the latest system may be better.
Our 2019 gen 2 is still too slow to dip/full on

Rest of it is good on the PDLS plus but obviously still not matrix
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Anyone have any idea of service plan costs for the new Macan?
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

Sweetmeister wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:41 pm Anyone have any idea of service plan costs for the new Macan?
As it was explained to me by OPC Reading a couple of months ago
“I’m afraid, Sir, Porsche GB doesn’t do ‘service plans’
It is all bespoke to your vehicle’s needs”.
(Imagine SE when saying “service plans” acting as though there was a bad smell).
Instead it’s all ‘off the menu’ , meaning get a quote from the OPC prior to authorising any work.
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

The servicing on a macan is, i believe, every 2 years or 20,000 miles. I don’t believe its based on your driving style as it is with something like a BMW.

From other posts here it seems a minor service is around £500-700 and a major is around £1500-2000
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Zadkiel wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:51 pm
Sweetmeister wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:41 pm Anyone have any idea of service plan costs for the new Macan?
As it was explained to me by OPC Reading a couple of months ago
“I’m afraid, Sir, Porsche GB doesn’t do ‘service plans’
It is all bespoke to your vehicle’s needs”.
(Imagine SE when saying “service plans” acting as though there was a bad smell).
Instead it’s all ‘off the menu’ , meaning get a quote from the OPC prior to authorising any work.
Thanks for that. :D