New member saying Hi and help!!!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:06 pm Sounds like you made a good & logical choice, going for the S, after your test drives.

I’d order one in red! ;)

On the above GTS, I think the normal red rear lights would look better than the ‘tinted’ ones.
That’s exactly what I said, I think the normal red light would look better, the rear just needs a bit of colour.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D

Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

hood69 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:04 pm Those are the nicest wheels for me but not sure if worth the price uplift
Car looks superb

Shame it's Pirellis
Definitely the best wheels for me, in gloss black they would look awesome, oh that’s what I’ve ordered! :D
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

PorscheMack wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:34 pm Are they the 14 way seats in the GTS? If so how comfortable were they? Also no Comfort Access!!
They were the 18 way in the GTS and were very comfortable but a little snug around the cheeks if you know what I mean. Strange thing was that the drivers seat felt noticeably softer than the passenger seat, my wife thought the same.
Yes the GTS did have the comfort access.
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

One more thing, the salesman mentioned that an email had gone out from Porsche on Monday saying Macans are now looking at delivery delays of between 2 weeks and 3 months due to shortages of aluminium and glass!
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Sweetmeister wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:21 am One more thing, the salesman mentioned that an email had gone out from Porsche on Monday saying Macans are now looking at delivery delays of between 2 weeks and 3 months due to shortages of aluminium and glass!
oh good gravy. I sincerely hope not. That really leaves me in the mire. I got no mention of that from my SE when I sent him some paperwork on Monday. It was Monday morning though.

If I end up with a 3 month delay I think I'll be cancelling my order and buying a Tesla.
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:25 am
Sweetmeister wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:21 am One more thing, the salesman mentioned that an email had gone out from Porsche on Monday saying Macans are now looking at delivery delays of between 2 weeks and 3 months due to shortages of aluminium and glass!
oh good gravy. I sincerely hope not. That really leaves me in the mire. I got no mention of that from my SE when I sent him some paperwork on Monday. It was Monday morning though.

If I end up with a 3 month delay I think I'll be cancelling my order and buying a Tesla.
It’s had gone out nationally, so your SE should be aware of it. The guy who told me spent most of Monday afternoon informing his customers although he did say that he knows there are dealerships who won’t tell their customers.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Right, just asked my SE (Porsche Mid Sussex). He said that my build date hasn't changed and that "Macan in general has been ok of recent". That was a direct extract from his email. Of course its possible he hasn't seen the email you mentioned but given that was Monday and its now Thursday it seems unlikely. Hopefully just another one for the forum rumour mill or its not impacting on Macans especially
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

^^^ Omni, don't do anything rash before you remind me of the spec, I've already got one to drive and could happily wait a while for a refresh :lol :
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:46 am Right, just asked my SE (Porsche Mid Sussex). He said that my build date hasn't changed and that "Macan in general has been ok of recent". That was a direct extract from his email. Of course its possible he hasn't seen the email you mentioned but given that was Monday and its now Thursday it seems unlikely. Hopefully just another one for the forum rumour mill or its not impacting on Macans especially
Poor sales guy is earning his commission with you…..
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:46 am Right, just asked my SE (Porsche Mid Sussex). He said that my build date hasn't changed and that "Macan in general has been ok of recent". That was a direct extract from his email. Of course its possible he hasn't seen the email you mentioned but given that was Monday and its now Thursday it seems unlikely. Hopefully just another one for the forum rumour mill or its not impacting on Macans especially
In fact I’m over there tomorrow for 1st service on 911 and new tyres (Michelin!!) for the Macan

Do you want me to triple check for you??
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S