New member saying Hi and help!!!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Tracky wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:12 pm
Sweetmeister wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:21 pm What are peoples opinion on the pan roof when speccing a new Macan, is it a must have or not? I believe there has been issues with them in the past, I’m just thinking whether I should drop the pan roof and go for the PSE!. :D
Had them on ..

2005 535d touring
2008 X5
2012 RS4
2017 E Class AMG

All premium manufacturers - faulty on every single one !

No issues on Macan and having said that , like others above, the draw of the extra light is a big bonus to me. Probably opened this one twice in two years.

Ps and if you care about such things - it will help resale hence every dealer demo you see has it on
I had one on my F Pace and never used it once in 18 months. However as you say,I know it’s a help on resale as even my SE said they would only be interested in buying one in if it had a pan roof!
I think I need to drive an S without the PSE and see.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D

AllanG

Post by AllanG »

I love the pano roof on my Macan, for the same reasons as @SAC1
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
bompey

Post by bompey »

Given they can be prone to leak I’ve not specked it on my new Macan.
Macan 1 - jet black turbo with 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 2 - volcano grey GTS with black 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 3 - dolomite silver GTS loving it
also 981 Boxster S
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

bompey wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:13 pm Given they can be prone to leak I’ve not specked it on my new Macan.
This is a concern for me as well. I intend to keep this a good few years so don’t want issues with a leaking roof.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Sweetmeister wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:39 pm
Tracky wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:12 pm
Sweetmeister wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:21 pm What are peoples opinion on the pan roof when speccing a new Macan, is it a must have or not? I believe there has been issues with them in the past, I’m just thinking whether I should drop the pan roof and go for the PSE!. :D
Had them on ..

2005 535d touring
2008 X5
2012 RS4
2017 E Class AMG

All premium manufacturers - faulty on every single one !

No issues on Macan and having said that , like others above, the draw of the extra light is a big bonus to me. Probably opened this one twice in two years.

Ps and if you care about such things - it will help resale hence every dealer demo you see has it on
I had one on my F Pace and never used it once in 18 months. However as you say,I know it’s a help on resale as even my SE said they would only be interested in buying one in if it had a pan roof!
I think I need to drive an S without the PSE and see.
I’m pretty comfortable for at least the next 2 years no SE is going to care what you have specced they just want second hand stock
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

I’m keeping mine for longer than 2 years though!
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Another quick question, are the 8 way standard comfort seats exactly the same seats as the 14 way comfort seats but obviously with less adjustments?
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Sweetmeister wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:58 pm Another quick question, are the 8 way standard comfort seats exactly the same seats as the 14 way comfort seats but obviously with less adjustments?
i believe they are, except the 14 ways have leather seat pads and the 8 way are fabric, with leatherette bolsters.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:07 pm
Sweetmeister wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:58 pm Another quick question, are the 8 way standard comfort seats exactly the same seats as the 14 way comfort seats but obviously with less adjustments?
i believe they are, except the 14 ways have leather seat pads and the 8 way are fabric, with leatherette bolsters.
The standard 8 way in the gen3 cars now have a sort of mesh material in the middle of the seat and leatherette on the rest. This can be upgraded to leather in the middle with the standard leather package or leather all over with the leather package. 14 way come with smooth leather all over. They appear to be the same seat and trying both today I couldn’t tell a difference.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Unless they have changed the design I do not think that they are.

The 8 way I test drove had a very flat back and a flat squab.

Even taking the lumber support all the way off there is still a curvature of the seat back in my 14 way.

The squab on the 14 & 18 way is adjustable in length and this reflects in the squab design and in the inbuilt padding.

In any case I found the 8 way seat excruciatingly uncomfortable, so please do not omit upgrading your seats until you have had a good long test drive over terribly surfaced roads to unsure they are comfortable for you, if in doubt go fir 14 way and omit some bling if you need to control the cost.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags