New member saying Hi and help!!!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Sweetmeister wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:58 pm
hood69 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:41 pm I bet you would hit the sports exhaust button a lot more than you would use sports chrono.
I’m sure I would, but £1700! Is just too much for some extra noise, SHMBO will thank me. :D
That's my point though
I'd drop sport chrono and get the PSE as you will use that button more than the sport chrono.
Maybe I'm way off but I just don't use sport chrono and actually preferred the sport button you get without having sport chrono.
The PSE switch I would tend to stick on most journeys as the noise puts a smile on my face.

BanZ

Post by BanZ »

I have wondered if sport mode still has the same profile with/without sport chrono.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

BanZ wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:40 pm
SAC1 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:54 pm
Tracky wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:28 pm

Totally agree
Me too for PSE. Using Sport or Sport Plus settings also auto switches on PSE.

Sport chrono function most used by me is for the 20 sec over boost button on the steering wheel for even more rapid overtaking. :twisted:
You don’t use sport+ mode more?
No. It makes it too frenetic.

Equally I've never used launch control...and I don't do track days with my GTS either.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:48 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:53 pm Just a random thought, but I wonder, if by being in Sport most of the time, am I getting the car to work harder in cooling the oil. I wonder this, as I’m told that the heat exchanger for the oil cooler needs replacing on my 911 T, being the cause of the coolant leak. I notice that the oil temperature runs quite a bit lower in Sport mode, compared to Normal mode. Maybe being in Sport mode for most of 35,000+ miles has worn out that part?! 🤔
Unlikely I think Simon. The difference in temperature is relatively small and the oil cooler will be designed to be more than capable of handling the thermal cycling and slightly greater thermal gradient involved. The control system is what’s doing the work and that doesn’t involve the water side of the cooler, albeit operating a control valve. You’ve probably just been unlucky in this case as I’ve not heard of regular failures of the oil cooler, unlike the dodgy water pump batch that a number of us suffered from!
Thanks, Nick!

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

hood69 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:41 pm I bet you would hit the sports exhaust button a lot more than you would use sports chrono.
Totally agree

Sport chrono function most used by me is for the 20 sec over boost button on the steering wheel for even more rapid overtaking. :twisted:
As I found out on a break last week, the Sports Response button also turns on PSE.

The Sports Response button is the only part of Sports Chrono I've ever used but in SW England (dominated by people who drive at 43mile/h regardless of speed limits) it's a really useful feature. :D
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

What are peoples opinion on the pan roof when speccing a new Macan, is it a must have or not? I believe there has been issues with them in the past, I’m just thinking whether I should drop the pan roof and go for the PSE!. :D
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Had pan roof on past two cars and will not spec one again. For me a few reasons, opened only possibly 2 or 3 times max, as noisy and pointless with air conditioning, its only great for looking at the sky seeing the dirt and bird crap on the roof, last one had a leak (but rectified 3 times) so to be honest I personally find it a very expensive option to know I have bird crap and dirt on the roof, LOL. But if your a bit of a Patrick Moore and like watching stars at night, love letting people hear your music and wasting that good air conditioning then go for it, It's about personal choice.

Gen 3 GTS on Order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN6TEZ34
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Sweetmeister wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:21 pm What are peoples opinion on the pan roof when speccing a new Macan, is it a must have or not? I believe there has been issues with them in the past, I’m just thinking whether I should drop the pan roof and go for the PSE!. :D
Would not be without the panoramic roof. Have had them on my last three cars including the two Macans.

Floods the cabin with light, which helps the otherwise dark material cabin.
Blind can be drawn partially or fully over if sun or light needs blocking
Can be on tilt in multiple positions for extra fresh air with relatively noiseless travel.
Can be fully or partially opened to enjoy the sunshine 8-) - noisy above 60 mph when fully open.
Blind can be fully drawn with the roof on tilt or matching the glass section when partially drawn.

Never had a problem with leaks, but do get the drains checked by the OPC at service intervals. Never garaged, but do avoid overhanging trees and leaf fall.

Personal choice though and the great thing with Porsche is that you can opt in or out on most of their options. :D
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

On-Track wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:16 am

Totally agree

As I found out on a break last week, the Sports Response button also turns on PSE.

The Sports Response button is the only part of Sports Chrono I've ever used but in SW England (dominated by people who drive at 43mile/h regardless of speed limits) it's a really useful feature. :D
Which is the same as putting it in Spot just with the added disadvantage that it put the car in to a more aggressive (read uncomfortable) gearbox mode to give you placebo effect that you are going faster.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Sweetmeister wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:21 pm What are peoples opinion on the pan roof when speccing a new Macan, is it a must have or not? I believe there has been issues with them in the past, I’m just thinking whether I should drop the pan roof and go for the PSE!. :D
Had them on ..

2005 535d touring
2008 X5
2012 RS4
2017 E Class AMG

All premium manufacturers - faulty on every single one !

No issues on Macan and having said that , like others above, the draw of the extra light is a big bonus to me. Probably opened this one twice in two years.

Ps and if you care about such things - it will help resale hence every dealer demo you see has it on
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S