New member saying Hi and help!!!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Harsh but .... :lol:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

I have siblings. This is beginning to feel a lot like Christmas at the Omni household. 😂
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Any views on spec please folks? I’m not keen on the ACC as had it before and never used it,same with heated steering wheel.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
SNSporsche

Post by SNSporsche »

Welcome!!
Both very nice specs. Having tried a few Macans I do feel extended or even partial leather makes is quite special.
ACC divides opinions, go for it if motorways play a large part in mileage. I tried the latest std audio and Bose, Bose is slightly better but again divides opinion in whether it’s worth the money. I would vote for heated steering as in the north morning drives are better with it.
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Sweetmeister wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:35 pm Any views on spec please folks? I’m not keen on the ACC as had it before and never used it,same with heated steering wheel.
There’s plenty of lively debate on ACC on here. Remember that without ACC you don’t get PAS - the automatic emergency braking systems. I use it pretty much every time I drive. It’s a must have for me.

The heated steering wheel is really nice on a cold winters day, and relatively inexpensive.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

PNJ38540 consider adding
LED PDLS lighting, lights up the next County
Rev Cam or Surround Cam, rear quarter vision when reversing is poor.
PS+ to lighten the steering load when parking.

PNVDR317
LED as above
PS+

Both, consider
ACC if you will drive a lot on Motorways, when active it includes a safety braking system that operates even if a cruise speed is not set
Side Airbags in the rear
Absolutely they best option and once I used mine I vowed never to buy a car without it, heated steering wheel

BTW
Whilst a black Macan looks great (both mine are/were Black) it is a sod to keep it that way so also consider a paint correction and a coating of some kind
Last edited by Col Lamb on Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

Sweetmeister wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:35 pm Any views on spec please folks? I’m not keen on the ACC as had it before and never used it,same with heated steering wheel.
Many of the ‘wise heads’ on this forum will say, just choose the options you want, rather than those recommended or dismissed by other posters.
e.g. don’t choose ACC, or heated s/wheel just because others may say they are great, or will help residual values.
Choice of wheels is very subjective, as is ext/int colour combo.
Your specs are v similar to my probable choice (black, air, 14way, privacy glass, chrono, 75l, spare wheel) only differing in wheels and interior leather colour ( I am lightening up with a non- black option).
BOSE or not (or Burmester in my case) will illicit mass disagreement, second only to the subject of ACC.

Good forum advice (I think) has been to not overload on options for an S, else risk depreciation far higher than comparably priced GTS. Your £62.344 and £61.979 builds seem OK to me.

If really struggling to make a choice over certain options, try and look at cars at Porsche dealers. Most of the options available now are seen on older cars.
For the new wheel designs, well hope u can see them on one or other Gen3 demonstrators that are starting to arrive in the UK.

To be fair, don’t think one can really go wrong with a build - unless one chooses colour options really rare or that clash ext vs int.

For final build choice - just go with your instincts.
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:55 pm PNJ38540 consider adding
LED lighting, lights up the next County

PNVDR317
LED
PS+

Both, consider
ACC if you will drive a lot on Motorways, when active it includes a safety braking system that operates even if a cruise speed is not set
Side Airbags in the rear
Absolutely they best option and once I used mine I vowed never to buy a car without it, heated steering wheel
Hi Col. LED lighting is standard fitment on all Macans nowadays. They got there in the end!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:16 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:55 pm PNJ38540 consider adding
LED lighting, lights up the next County

PNVDR317
LED
PS+

Both, consider
Side Airbags in the rear
Hi Col. LED lighting is standard fitment on all Macans nowadays. They got there in the end!
Hi Nick.
I have amended my post as it should have included the PDLS option
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Thanks for the replies folks, I’ve got a heated steering wheel on my current car and despite leaving for work at 5am I have never used it,so for me it’s a definite no.
The ACC !! I know I would never use it,because I haven’t on previous cars,current car doesn’t have it and I haven’t missed it one bit.
Think I may well upgrade to leather seats but not the extended leather.

I’m of the understanding that the car comes as standard with LED lights and it’s just the plus that’s the option,is that correct? If so then standard are fine.
Bose, not heard the standard set up,so can’t decide so airing on the side of caution.
I’m hoping to see the wheels before deciding,my local dealer has just got a gen3 in stock in crayon, but it had standard wheels and it wasn’t the S.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D