New member saying Hi and help!!!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:12 pm
Thanks for the info on this and the tank, think I’ll stick with a normal tank as won’t be doing that many miles and few longer journeys now that I’m retiring. :D
Hang on, hang on hang on, so what are you're plans for retirement? Washing the car and going to Tesco? A Nissan Leaf will be better suited to that! Come join us other old gits, defy the decline and hit the road! I've done 20k in two years and thoroughly enjoyed them all, especially those on the A93 through Cairngorm on Sunday, did I mention that? :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP

Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:36 pm
Thanks for the info on this and the tank, think I’ll stick with a normal tank as won’t be doing that many miles and few longer journeys now that I’m retiring. :D
Hang on, hang on hang on, so what are you're plans for retirement? Washing the car and going to Tesco? A Nissan Leaf will be better suited to that! Come join us other old gits, defy the decline and hit the road! I've done 20k in two years and thoroughly enjoyed them all, especially those on the A93 through Cairngorm on Sunday, did I mention that? :D :D
I’m lucky in that I’m able to retire relatively young at 52, and treat myself to my first Porsche.
I can assure you the car will be driven,none of my cars live in a garage to be polished and admired.
I’m up for any road trip this forum could put together, driving some of those roads in Scotland is on my bucket list. :D :D
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:59 pm
Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:48 pm Couple of quick questions folks, why do most people upgrade to the 75litre tank, is the standard one to small and restricts range?
Secondly, I assume folding wing mirrors are an extra, where do I find this option and how much are they? Thanks in advance.
folding mirrors are standard ( I know, amazing right ?! )

75l tank is only about £85 so arguably worth having as it means slightly fewer trips to the petrol station, but requires a slightly bigger mortgage to fill up. If you don’t do many miles/longer journeys its probably not worth it, although anything that avoids trips to a petrol station is a good idea just at the moment.
Surely that can’t be right,something useful that’s standard! 😲 wow.
Thanks for the info on this and the tank,think I’ll stick with a normal tank as won’t be doing that many miles and few longer journeys now that I’m retiring. :D
I’m back at my local OPC next Wednesday for a test drive and will more than likely put an order in for a new S. Just got to decide on spec now. :x
I normally say don't spec your car for the next buyer but I'll change my advice in respect of the 75L tank. The smaller tank is only standard because it helps Porsche with the EU registration process. All tests/weights are undertaken with half a tank of fuel.

When I bought my Cayenne is 2013, Porsche UK were specifying the optional 100L tank as standard. For some reason they have not done it with the Macan. It's all penny pinching: the tyre repair kit used to be standard but now costs £42.

IMHO it's worth spending £84 just in case there's one occasion where you need the extra miles. On the other hand, if you really don't intend doing many miles, the 2L engine is better for local running.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

On-Track wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:27 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:59 pm

folding mirrors are standard ( I know, amazing right ?! )

75l tank is only about £85 so arguably worth having as it means slightly fewer trips to the petrol station, but requires a slightly bigger mortgage to fill up. If you don’t do many miles/longer journeys its probably not worth it, although anything that avoids trips to a petrol station is a good idea just at the moment.
Surely that can’t be right,something useful that’s standard! 😲 wow.
Thanks for the info on this and the tank,think I’ll stick with a normal tank as won’t be doing that many miles and few longer journeys now that I’m retiring. :D
I’m back at my local OPC next Wednesday for a test drive and will more than likely put an order in for a new S. Just got to decide on spec now. :x
I normally say don't spec your car for the next buyer but I'll change my advice in respect of the 75L tank. The smaller tank is only standard because it helps Porsche with the EU registration process. All tests/weights are undertaken with half a tank of fuel.

When I bought my Cayenne is 2013, Porsche UK were specifying the optional 100L tank as standard. For some reason they have not done it with the Macan. It's all penny pinching: the tyre repair kit used to be standard but now costs £42.

IMHO it's worth spending £84 just in case there's one occasion where you need the extra miles. On the other hand, if you really don't intend doing many miles, the 2L engine is better for local running.
Maybe I’ll go with the 75L just in case.
When I say not many miles I mean not as many as I do when I’m working which is around 12-14k . I still intend going on road trips enjoying some of the roads the Uk has to offer and for me I need a 2.9 V6 to do this. :D
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:36 pm
Neil, was the A93 still full of motorcyclists? When I did this route in August 2020 there were loads.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

^^^ Maybe one going in the opposite direction, it was really quite traffic free, passed one BMW M something out on a Sunday drive and a couple of other cars. Possibly because it was about 5pm when we passed Perth and they had all headed home?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Got my test drive tomorrow, driving a gen3 2.0 first then I’ve got hold of a gen3 GTS for an hour, I’m told I’ll be the first to test drive the GTS! Can’t wait. :D :D
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

:mrgreen: enjoy!
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Sweetmeister wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:00 am Got my test drive tomorrow, driving a gen3 2.0 first then I’ve got hold of a gen3 GTS for an hour, I’m told I’ll be the first to test drive the GTS! Can’t wait. :D :D
Don't be slow in spreading the word please 👍
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Sweetmeister wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:00 am Got my test drive tomorrow, driving a gen3 2.0 first then I’ve got hold of a gen3 GTS for an hour, I’m told I’ll be the first to test drive the GTS! Can’t wait. :D :D
Can’t wait for the pics and your YouTube video! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018