I have joined the queue - GTS on order

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
rikbar

Post by rikbar »

Hey all,

I bit the bullet about 2 months ago and put in an order on a Gen3 GTS.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNK9H1I9

Wife has been nagging that the M4 convertible is no longer family friendly and to get a family wagon, glad I was one of the early birds judging by how build slots are currently.

Am 6th in line at Hatfield and they are hoping delivery end of Q1 2022, but I shall wait and see when they get in touch

Great forum with lots of information, am sure I shall be playing around with the spec for a while yet - thoughts and suggestions welcome

Cheers

Richard
Current vehicle - BMW F83 in SMB
Ordered vehicle - PNK9H1I9

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

rikbar wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:06 pm Hey all,

Wife has been nagging that the M4 convertible is no longer family friendly and to get a family wagon, glad I was one of the early birds judging by how build slots are currently.

Am 6th in line at Hatfield and they are hoping delivery end of Q1 2022, but I shall wait and see when they get in touch

Great forum with lots of information, am sure I shall be playing around with the spec for a while yet - thoughts and suggestions welcome

Cheers

Richard
Welcome.

M4 convertible should be ok, its got 4 seats and a reasonably sized boot. I actually took a double mattress to the tip in my 335i mSport convertible. True I had to put the roof down, fold the mattress in half and cable tie it together, but still….

I know what you mean. Especially with the wind breaker over the rear seats, kind of made it impractical ( but a great car ). I actually went from that to an Aston Martin Vantage ( my kids grew up a bit, although I was a hero the first day I picked him up from Secondary school in it ).

Now my “adult” son keeps moaning about squeezing into the back of my extremely juvenile Mini Cooper S, and I can’t fit a mattress in it so have also chosen the ( slightly ) more practical approach of the Macan. As I was a step lower down the rung as you with the BMW as I am again with the Macan as I have gone with a humble S.

Now there’s just the whole waiting thing. Hope you are patient. Other here will no doubt point out I am the most patient person ever……

Great spec. Crayon seems very popular, ACC seems very divisive ( i’ve specced it ) . Only thing I think a lot of people would say you may want to add is the spare wheel. Hopefully less time sitting on the side of the road if you get a flat.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:45 pm

Cheers

Richard
Welcome.

M4 convertible should be ok, its got 4 seats and a reasonably sized boot. I actually took a double mattress to the tip in my 335i mSport convertible. True I had to put the roof down, fold the mattress in half and cable tie it together, but still….

I know what you mean. Especially with the wind breaker over the rear seats, kind of made it impractical ( but a great car ). I actually went from that to an Aston Martin Vantage ( my kids grew up a bit, although I was a hero the first day I picked him up from Secondary school in it ).

Now my “adult” son keeps moaning about squeezing into the back of my extremely juvenile Mini Cooper S, and I can’t fit a mattress in it so have also chosen the ( slightly ) more practical approach of the Macan. As I was a step lower down the rung as you with the BMW as I am again with the Macan as I have gone with a humble S.

Now there’s just the whole waiting thing. Hope you are patient. Other here will no doubt point out I am the most patient person ever……

Great spec. Crayon seems very popular, ACC seems very divisive ( i’ve specced it ) . Only thing I think a lot of people would say you may want to add is the spare wheel. Hopefully less time sitting on the side of the road if you get a flat.
"Humble S" Omni? You're doing it again aren't you..😜
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
MH82

Post by MH82 »

Woop someone’s speccing higher than me!
2022 GTS order cancelled
2023 718 Spyder order cancelled
Gone rogue and bought an Aston Martin V12 Vantage S :shock:
hood69

Post by hood69 »

PorscheMack wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:44 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:45 pm

Cheers

Richard
Welcome.

"Humble S" Omni? You're doing it again aren't you..😜
At least he's admitting he's down the food chain a bit now. lol.